• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with GPO & Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Problem with GPO & Kontakt

I have read the GPO + Kontakt thread with interest, and am contemplating buying the full version of Kontakt (with Gary\'s special offer when it comes!)

According to NI\'s specifications of Kontakt, it can load a number of formats including .gig, .sf2, AKAI, etc.

I have downloaded their demo of Kontakt full version, which claims to have all facilities except Save. I run it within Sonar3 as a plug-in.

Fine. I can load Soundfonts in successfully, and edit them. Great! But it won\'t load in Gigs, and worse: it won\'t load in GPO .nki\'s (its own format!)

Can anybody throw light on this before money is wasted?

Re: Problem with GPO & Kontakt

As you would expect with most demos from software companies, there is a lot more than \'save\' disabled. The GPO will not load into Kontakt 1.2 (believe me, I\'ve tried!). The demo is based on that version, I believe.

I plan on upgrading to ver. 1.5 in the future to take advantage of GPO, but only so I might load all 16 slots.

Kontakt is the best soft sampler on the market IMHO for it\'s very advanced programming options (it\'s the reason Gary went with Kontakt Player).

The programming possibilities in Kontakt are what makes possible the unique expression in GPO. No other sampler at this time has everything Kontakt does, not even NI\'s own Kompakt.

I run GPO in Kontakt (full) all the time. Works great.

Originally posted by Poolman:
    Can anybody throw light on this before money is wasted?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yup. It doesn\'t work with any version of Kontakt prior to the latest v1.5. With the v1.5 update, it works better in Kontakt than it does in the OEM\'ed GPO player. I\'m still trying to figure out all the instruments/articulations, but it works like a champ in Kontakt v1.5.

Yes, Kontakt 1.5 supports the bundled sample files which ship with GPO. Earlier versions didn\'t.

BTW, have any of you guys running GPO in Kontakt noticed any problems when DFD is enabled.

I seem to get some really nasty digital distortion if I throw a lot of notes at it (try loading timpani and doing some rolls.)

Problem goes away when I turn off DFD (i.e. switch to Sampler mode).

Originally posted by Layne:
    BTW, have any of you guys running GPO in Kontakt noticed any problems when DFD is enabled.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Lemme guess: one or more of your hard drives are on some kind of RAID controller, right? If so, try other drives or try to find a utility that will let you set the bus utilization for those drives. I had that exact problem until I moved my samples to a drive that was on the standard IDE controller.

Go Back to forum