• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Interesting News of a New Sample Reverb

Share/Bookmark

Interesting News of a New Sample Reverb

Prosoniq has announced that they will be releasing an convolution reverb called \"Rayverb\". It uses a process they call \"Real-time inverse Raytracing\" which makes it possible to change positioning of the acoustic source, the surface materials and the size of the room. It also will morph between different impulses. Interesting stuff.

Here\'s a link in German:
    http://www.midigital.de/product_info.php/products_id/945

With Gigapulse, Rayverb, MIR and others, 2004 is shaping up to be the year that sampling reverb comes of age.

Gary Garritan

Re: Interesting News of a New Sample Reverb

That looks pretty interesting. I followed the link and had a devil of a time reading the German. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Tried to find an English page to no avail. From your comments Gary, it seems that there\'s a seed change on the way.

Speaking of which, you mentioned in another thread that you\'re working on something with the impulses you\'ve gathered during your sampling of players and instruments. Care to share with us?

The grammar is all over the place.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you read it out loud with a voice like Yoda from Star Wars it sounds even better. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But seriously, it does sound interesting.

Well it maybe that the ultimate \'verb might possibly be a combination of synthesis and convolution, as I predicted a while back. Now THAT may get my attention! Prosoniq\'s new technology sounds just what may be in order for this whole \'impulse\' thing to actually sound good!

This sounds exactly like the technology that is used in audio room design packages such as \"Ease\" (http://www.renkus-heinz.com/ease/index.html) that allow speaker placements to be visualized and simulated before installation.

Gary you should really drop the number of impulses you\'ve taken for these people.

I think they\'d flip

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Gary you should really drop the number of impulses you\'ve taken for these people.

I think they\'d flip
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Okay...

Only 3,280 impulses recorded in one concert hall. Over 100 different instrument placements on the stage (with varying diffusion patterns based on instrument and surrounding players), different impulses and multiple microphone positions in the audience.

Gary

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Holy Holographic Homophones, Batman!

Go Back to forum