• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally got my GPO -> Great Stuff, but I have some problems...

Share/Bookmark

Finally got my GPO -> Great Stuff, but I have some problems...

Hi there!

Since I ordered too late I had to wait until after Christmas to get my copy of GPO. Right now I\'m getting accustomed to it but one thing I can say immediately: I LOVE this thing! It\'s absolutely briliant. Sadly one problem bothers me and maybe some of you friendly people can help me out:

* Why for pities sake can\'t I save multi-instrument setups in the standalone Version? This is the version I use for playback when composing (Sibelius -> Maple Midi -> multiple GPO instances => MIDI to Sonar -> GPO-VSTi). Do you really want me to sit around every day and have to load and fiddle with the instruments for 20 minutes before I can start working? I can\'t believe the programmers were so sadistic, trying to kill my inspiration!. So I must\'ve overlooked the save button (although I spent about 30 minutes searching for it). [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    What is the way to save multis in standalone mode? If it is not possible, why not? When will it be possible? I want to use both GPO and QLSO Silver for composing but right now only Silver is usable for me...

Except from that I couldn\'t be happier with GPO! Following are a few points that have nothing to do with the program itself, but might be improved someday:

1) 4 CDs instead of a single DVD: I\'d love to choose between a CD and a DVD version in the future (if it doesn\'t create a bigger workload for Mr. Garritan), simply because I have changed so many CDs in my life that I can\'t stand it anymore...

2) I\'d love to have the manual not only in hardcopy but also PDF, so I can look it up while travelling.

3) Most of the images in the manual seem to have been compressed very strongly. In fact there are so many compression artefacts that reading the text of most pictures is very difficult.

Except from those minor gripes I can absolutely recommend this software to everybody who wants to do beautiful mockups quickly.

Re: Finally got my GPO -> Great Stuff, but I have some problems...

Ah yes, I have the same dilemma regarding saving instrument multis. I think it was an oversight. I hope that this is the first thing to be addressed. Having to load multis every time I start is a barely tolerable chore, but a chore one does in anticipation of the reward, much like the cruel cycle of \"work hard, play hard\" in today\'s corporate climate. PEOPLE CAN\'T WE HAVE SOME MODERATION!>>!>:?

Seriously, I would like to hear what Mr. Tom Hopkins would say about the plan to ease our mouse muscles in this matter.

Not only should you be able to save multi\'s but to save entire multiple instances along with the multis.

Jesse,

There\'s a solution on the way. Gary will fill in the details soon.

Tom

Sounds like another reference to the mysterious GPO Host [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oh may I add another suggestion that I came up with after playing with GPO for a while?

Can I please have an \"Edit all\" button? It\'s quite tedious having to set up all instruments separately. Some way of linking all the knobs of all instruments together would really help me!

Go Back to forum