• Register
  • Help

Topic: A piano demo by Kit Creeger

Share/Bookmark

A piano demo by Kit Creeger

Here is a new piano demo composed and performed by Kit Creeger:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Piano-meniscus.mp3

Kit did \"Meniscus\" as an experiment to see how the piano sounded. \"I tried to set the music so the sound of the virtual instrument would be as exposed as possible to show up flaws, if any. I really like the sound - it seems as if you can hear the strings of the piano interact as you would with a real piano, especially in the dissonances and suspensions. I\'ve never heard a sampled instrument that did that before.\"

Enjoy

Gary Garritan

Re: A piano demo by Kit Creeger

I couldn\'t help but notice that the sound of the piano in this demo seems to come from near the listener, while the demo on the GPO Audition site seems much more distant\\ambient. Are these different pianos?

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    I couldn\'t help but notice that the sound of the piano in this demo seems to come from near the listener, while the demo on the GPO Audition site seems much more distant\\ambient. Are these different pianos?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Jake,

Same piano on both. We have wet and dryer versions of the Steinway. What you may be hearing is the application of the Ambience reverb for the demo used in the Audition.

Gary Garritan

Very nice track!

jean-pierre Brie
    http://loreille.com

I really like this composition and also the sound of the piano. Many sampled Steinway\'s sound lifeless and hard, but this has a very nice realistic and living sound that I like. I already have The Grand and I think this piano will be a perfect option to that, depending on what suits the song. I ordered GPO last week, can\'t wait to get it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wirebird

Originally posted by Garritan:
    Here is a new piano demo composed and performed by Kit Creeger:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Piano-meniscus.mp3

Kit did \"Meniscus\" as an experiment to see how the piano sounded. \"I tried to set the music so the sound of the virtual instrument would be as exposed as possible to show up flaws, if any. I really like the sound - it seems as if you can hear the strings of the piano interact as you would with a real piano, especially in the dissonances and suspensions. I\'ve never heard a sampled instrument that did that before.\"

Enjoy

Gary Garritan
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gary...something about how this file...and all others on yoru site are posted makes it impossible for me to hear. I\'m on a Mac using Safari, and this usually isn\'t an issue. Did you test the site for Mac compatibility? I even tried to download the link but that wouldn\'t work either....

A piquant little piece...nnnnice! The warmth and natural detail of the piano is delicious too.

Frank

[quote]Originally posted by tomhartman:
    Gary...something about how this file...and all others on yoru site are posted makes it impossible for me to hear. I\'m on a Mac using Safari, and this usually isn\'t an issue. Did you test the site for Mac compatibility? I even tried to download the link but that wouldn\'t work either....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m not Gary but I\'ll jump in anyway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] There\'s nothing wrong with the files. You need iTunes or Quicktime properly configured to play them. You can configure Quicktime in System Preferences and then it will play the files in Safari. For downloading you can use iTunes, just select \"Preferences\" in iTunes and under the tab \"General\" you can select \"Use iTunes for internet music playback\". A third option is to right-click (Ctrl-click) on the file when it\'s fully downloaded and select \"Get Info\". Then press the arrow next to \"Open with:\" Here you can select iTunes and then \"Use this application to open all documents like this\"

Cheers,
    Wirebird

Go Back to forum