• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Some fun Halloween freebies

Share/Bookmark

Some fun Halloween freebies

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on here for a while, but I came across a really cool (and useful) Halloween freebie, and though I would share it here, since many of the members enjoy making fun holiday themed pieces.

I hope this isn't in violation of forum policies, as this links to another music site. I am not promoting the products sold on this site, I am simply sharing a fun free set of instruments which I've had a lot of fun playing around with, and want others to enjoy.

The really cool part about the library is, that it comes with a Kontakt license, so you can download the free player and use the library with no demo timeouts.

Enjoy everyone. Post your Halloween themed musical creations here! I probably won't get around to it for a few days, but I'll be sure to post one too.

Happy Halloween everyone!

http://embertone.com/instruments/arcane.php

Michael
    Warning: clicking on these links may result in spontaneous combustion.

Twitter

Soundcloud

Re: Some fun Halloween freebies

I downloaded the files. But after getting a pop-up saying Windows could not open the file, I received the following statement:

If your name is Frank Furter, your address is Buckingham Palace, London, your phone number is 867-5309, and your email address is satan@hellmail.com, keep this in mind: when we have free instrument updates, you won't be getting an email from us. Because we have no idea how to contact you. Just some food for thought

Anyone else find that a bit curious?

I assume this is after going through the "purchase" Arcane part of the site? My guess is this is their idea of an amusing error message. You should try it again I guess, it worked fine for me.

Twitter

Soundcloud

This was after going through the entire procedure. After downloading both files I simply could not get them to open, leave alone get them to function.

After a while I did the entire procedure again - including receiving the email thanking me for my "purchase." The second time only one file downloaded. Again, no luck in installing or making use of the material.

Tom

This may sound really silly, but did you unzip the files? They will not work unless you unzip them.

Michael

Twitter

Soundcloud

That is a very good question. These are .rar files - not zipped files. I've tried every way I know to open them with no luck. Since others have downloaded them with success it is clearly something that I am doing wrong.

Tom

I use the free version of winrar to open them. I believe winzip can open them as well.

http://www.rarlab.com/

Once winrar is installed, simply click the arcane download file, and hit "open" with winrar. The rest of the file extraction should be relatively straight forward.

Twitter

Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    I use the free version of winrar to open them. I believe winzip can open them as well.

http://www.rarlab.com/

Once winrar is installed, simply click the arcane download file, and hit "open" with winrar. The rest of the file extraction should be relatively straight forward.
    THANK YOU KINDLY. I WILL TRY IT.

Tom.

You're quite welcome. Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Michael

Twitter

Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    You're quite welcome. Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Michael
    It seems as though to get the free WinRAR one must first buy one of the other listed products; none of which I want. (TWO OF WHICH I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE NAILED ME WITH ETERNAL POP-UPS) Ergo it seems that I will end up buying WinRAR after all. I tried to open the files with Zip, but that didn't work at all.

Right now I am working on shelves for our new11,000 book home library, so won't be able to get back to this until much later tonight. I'll let you know after that.

Tom

Go Back to forum