• Register
  • Help

Topic: After much sweat and tears: My first GPO project!

Share/Bookmark

After much sweat and tears: My first GPO project!

Hi everybody!

With the workaround described in the other thread I finally managed to finish my little project. After the final mixing (I know I messed it up, plus I suck at mixing) and eq-ing (I\'m even worse with that) and careful compressing (I\'m proud of not having completely blown that one) I present you a cue from a no-brain no-budget action-movie that I currently score. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The hero has been badly wounded and dropped to the floor. The President who sits with the military people who monitor the hero\' mission, picks up the mike and starts giving a pathetically american speech about his experiences in Vietnam and about how the hero must not give up. The cue ends with the hero clenching his fist and getting to his feet, saying \"Now I\'m really pissed\". You get the picture... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

\"The President\'s Speech (1,9MB)\"

This was made with 5 instances of GPO in SX2. I built ensembles for every section except the strings and used some overlay brass to make it more powerful in the end. The reverb (Yeah, I suck at that too) is Garritan Ambience.

I hope you enjoy it!

Pete

Re: After much sweat and tears: My first GPO project!

I only get about 1 second of a violin. No othere sounds. Check your mp3 file.

Same here, just a second of violin.
    J

Thanks for the replies. I tried re-uploading the file. When I click the link it works fine now. Did you get the whole 1.9MB? Please try again!

Thanks for trying to listen to my music! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Pete

Pete,

Very nice composition indeed! And I was able to download the entire 1.9MB file.

I guess more realism can be achieved if you put breathing silences in between the brass phrases.

Thank you for sharing your music with us!

Wow. I\'m by no means an expert in orchestral music (1st chair trumpet in high school, though!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), but I think it sounds great. Almost John Scott-ish to me ... ala \"The Final Countdown\" era. Enjoyed it. Thanks.

I like it. I can see your movie. He\'s no Rambo but I can see the anger in his eye.

\"Pathetically American...\" why I oughta...

Nice - gives the right feel for the scene you describe- I think. Percussion seems to stick out a little maybe a bit mechanical? I enjoyed it - instruments were programmed pretty realisitically. Keep em coming!

Go Back to forum