• Register
  • Help

Topic: F Horn Solo 2 = Audio Pops

F Horn Solo 2 = Audio Pops

I have been writing some Brass Ensembles. I have been using the 2 Solo Trumpets, the Solo Mute Trumpet, Solo Horn 2 (I don\'t like the way 1 sounds), Solo Tenor Tbone, and Tuba solo 2.

I have noticed that the horn has a tendency to become VERY buggy during playback. There are pops on a lot of the atacks and even occasionally on the loop points.

I know the pops aren\'t in the samples because it happens at random to different notes every time I play OR Mixdown. Is there a bug in Kontakt Player? Or is this my Audigy 2 going nuts? (BTW, I have 1 gig DDR PC2700 and a 2.4 Gig P4, Win XP)

Other than this, this is an excellent library! Keep it up!

Re: F Horn Solo 2 = Audio Pops

I\'m running GPO at the moment on a slow 933 mghz P3 with 512megs and I have not experienced the fr. horn problem you mentioned. I use brass a lot in my music and it has not happened.

This is not to say that GPO is perfect on my PC by any means, but I have found excellent results time and again with GPO and other softsynths and samplers using a Terratec EWX 24/96 audio card. The latest drivers are great IMO, and latency is very good under Sonar 2.2XL.

I always hear bad things about Soundblaster cards and various softsynths. I don\'t know specifically about the Audigy but that might be your problem right there.

Just a thought....

DZ I have noticed pops on one of the instruments and I believe it was French Horn 2 solo. It is weird because all of the instruments, including the remaining French Horns do not seem to have any pops.

There are other problems with the horns (missing notes on the ens instruments - I think one whole ens instrument is a blank) I think they are being addressed.

Yes, that\'s already fixed and will be in the next update - along with many other things as well.

I notice I am not the only ne having problems with the horns. When is the next update coming.

I do have a Audiotrak Maya 7.1 in my comp, but it is disabled after I realized how much Gigastudio 32 sucks. Plus, I didn\'t have the cash to get more than the SAM Horns. (That there [cost] is one (of many) reason why GPO is so awesome!) The Maya has ASIO as well. Maybe I should try it?

EDIT: I want to add that the same thing is happening with Solo1 as well.

\"When is the next update coming?\"

After NAMM is out of the way.

Go Back to forum