• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Concert Pipe Organ Demo

GPO Concert Pipe Organ Demo

Here\'s another one for the record. Hope you like it.

Bach - Prelude Cm

GPO instrumentation: Flutes, Cornet, Hauptwerk Mix, Baroque Plenum Pedals, Barroque Plen Reed Ped, Full Organ, Baroque Plenum.

Reverb is Ambience, with the Cathedral preset.

Re: GPO Concert Pipe Organ Demo

I tried, but I think your link isn\'t working...

I got it OK. Slightly strange choice of piece for an organ demo, though ...

Hi nexus,

I\'m afraid I\'m using the free geocities service while my site is unavailable. They have a limited bandwidth which is measured in an hour basis. So this is not well suited for file downloading, but this is only a temporal inconvenience. I apologize for this, I know it is very uncomfortable.

Yes, this prelude was originaly composed by Bach for Harpsichord (It belongs to the Well Tempered Harps.), but I always thought it had all the characteristics of an organ fantasy, especially towards the end, so I decided to give it a try to see what happened. Anyway, I\'ll do another one in a while, with authentic organ material, for the most puritans [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Thanks! I finally was able to download after persisting.

It\'s a good piece, though I thought I didn\'t recongnize it from any of Bach\'s organ books.

Nicely done. What I think would be great is if you or someone did something more contemporary for the organ, say Widor?

Bach is very enduring, nontheless....

Go Back to forum