• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and audio drivers

Share/Bookmark

GPO and audio drivers

Hi all,

I\'m very interested in GPO. I\'m a little worried though... From the requirements section on the website: \"Standard DirectSound, MME or ASIO drivers required\"

Are WDM drivers really not supported? That is generally the preferred driver choice in Sonar 3.1 for low latency, effects input monitoring, etc. I use a Delta 66 card. I would like to use GPO as a DXI instrument.

If no, any plans for the future? Is this a Kontakt issue, or a GPO one?

Re: GPO and audio drivers

It works great in Sonar with wdm drivers. However, for whatever reason, the VST version works better than the DXI version. That is how I use it and it works great for me.

I am using it at work and home with WDM drivers in Sonar and it works great.

-- Martin

Thanks, guys.

Looks like someone is going to get my money very soon! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Just make sure you DON\'T install the DXi version, but wrap the VSTi and use that. Then you shouldn\'t have a problem.

And install the update right away!

Originally posted by nexus:
    Just make sure you DON\'T install the DXi version, but wrap the VSTi and use that. Then you shouldn\'t have a problem.

And install the update right away!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t mind using the VST version, but out of curiosity, is there official word on a problem with the DXI version? Is that where the WDM problems surface? What happens when you try to use the DXI version?

I don\'t mind using the VST version, but out of curiosity, is there official word on a problem with the DXI version? Is that where the WDM problems surface? What happens when you try to use the DXI version?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If you have any tempo changes in your piece, notes get stuck on with the DXi version.

The DXi version problem is a Mative instruments thing - all their DXis are a little quirkey or just plain buggy. Seems like a low priority for them.

Go Back to forum