• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO praises

GPO praises

I just got GPO and after only a couple of days of using it I\'m sleepless and totally blown away by this package of possibilities. I have waited a long time for something like this, and it\'s really everything that I hoped it would be for what it costs and for what it\'s capable of without demanding too much of my system. Great work guys, and thanks a million for creating this library that, as far as I\'ve tested, seems to be very easy to use even for those of us that are not trained classical composers. GPO is definitely going to be one of my main tools for songwriting for a long time ahead [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    My first love so far besides the strings is the piano and the harp, those instruments alone will inspire to many songs. So much life in the instruments, yet not the typical GB-sized instruments that one would associate with such a sound.

About a year ago a friend of mine and I wrote a song together. He is using GOS, and the addition of a strings that sounded real, as opposed to traditional synth or lifeless sampled strings, was very inspiring to me. However, GOS and other libraries was out of my budget range at the time so I never got around to getting a library myself for composing. Then I heard about the upcoming GPO and now that I\'ve got it I have to say that it\'s really all that I hoped it would be.
    Gary Garritan and his team should get an award for this...

I\'m not a composer of classical music, I\'m just a singer/songwriter artist writing songs somewhere in the genre of alternative pop. But I\'ve always had a dream of being able to blend these two worlds, the orchestra and my pop arrangements. Not that it hasn\'t been done before, just that I haven\'t been able to do it the way that I want to. There\'s no \"orchestra around the corner that I could afford working with...\" But thanks to this affordable, great sounding library that dream has come true.

While I\'m at it, another library creator that should get an award is Kirk Hunter. I bought his solo string library a while ago and it\'s about as inspiring as GPO, being in the same affordable price range and great sounding for solo strings and ensembles.

Re: GPO praises

I agree.

GPO is great, If youre thinking about buying it, I dont see how you can go wrong. Its well thought out, it works great,and comes with a bunch of great bundled software. The samples themselves... well they are beautiful! The bundled ambiance does a great job where some of the expensive vst reverbs I have have failed miserably. It is a really well put together package.

Im a Logic Audio user and it rocks in Logic as well. Integrates seamlessly.

I couldn\'t agree with you more on GPO. This is a singular, groundbreaking achievement. When classical musicians get ahold of the GPO Studio and run it behind Overture - things in the world of music will change. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

A friend of mine that is a classical composer is coming over in a couple of weeks to check out GPO. He\'s remarkably gifted, used to write all his music the traditional way with just pen and paper but has been using Finale lately. It will be very interesting to see if I can get him hooked on GPO.

Regarding the Ambience reverb I think it\'s rather useful, and not just for GPO, it has som nice gate options that few other software reverbs have. But so far I\'ve mostly used GPO with my Dreamverb (UAD-1), and that is a marriage made in heaven [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum