• Register
  • Help

Topic: Var 2, Timbre Variability

Var 2, Timbre Variability

I\'m not having any luck getting timbre variation from the Var 2 (CC 24).

Here\'s what I\'ve done:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I created a midi file of slowly repeated quarter notes. I inserted the Var 2 (CC 24) message with a value of 127 at the start. During playback I see the Var 2 knob on the Kontakt Player jump up to its 100% position so I know my message is being read, but the repeated notes sound the same, no timbre variation.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve tried my little test with a good number of different instruments with no audibile timbre variation. I have checked in the manual and verified that the instruments I tested do work with Var 2.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve tested Var 1 (CC 22, pitch variation) and it is working fine for me.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> Any ideas what I need to do? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Var 2, Timbre Variability

Congratulations! I’ve just spent the last hour or so trying to check this out and you have found a bug in the player. The original Kontakt files are working fine but something was lost in the translation to the player. We’ll try to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Re: Var 2, Timbre Variability

Thanks Tom,

I wanted to try it out to see if it helps liven up the sound of short repeated notes on some of the solo strings. I recall in some post you mentioned that the \"machine gun effect\" might be conquered with some subtle changes in timbre (and tuning).

I wanted to tell you that I like the way you\'ve set up the timpani. At least for me working with a notation program, I mark the notes L or R (for left and right hand), and define the marking for one of them to take the note up an octave -- easy to notate and sounds good in GPO!

Go Back to forum