• Register
  • Help

Topic: new demo: GPO in a metal song

new demo: GPO in a metal song

here we go:

it\'s a instrumental piece (1 minute long, a sort of \"intro\") in the style of the great italian heavy metal band Rhapsody, done with electric guitar, sampled bass and drums and GPO (nothing else).

it\'s not professional recorded and mixed cause i\'m just an hobbyst, but should show that GPO suits very well also in this genre of music.

I have submitted the demo to Gary also, and i hope that he will publish it on his site! ;-)

the details:

GPO instruments (2 instances in sonar 2.2)

Basic orch. percussion
    tubular bells
    french horn solo
    french horn overlay FF
    trumpet solo
    trumpet overlay
    trombone solo
    trombone overlay
    1st violin sus-short
    1st violin sus
    violin solo (stradivari)

altought i didnt use large brass section, i feel that their parts are strong enought! this is good! :-)

effects, mixing and mastering made in creamware pulsar environment (no VST or DX effects used).

if you have suggestion on how to improve the demo, let me know absolutely! :-)

(and please also post all your comments, good and bad, and visit my website! ;-))

Orcas Island

Re: new demo: GPO in a metal song

GPO does heavy metal - I like it! Quite different from Pagannini and refreshing to hear GPO in a heavy metal context. Joey deMaio at Manowar is going to eat his heart out when he hears this.

Thanks for posting this and it will be posted when I update the mp3 page.

Gary Garritan

although i\'m more of a connoisseur of death and thrash (in flames, naglfar, etc) this is certainly metal that i would enjoy listening to a full album of.

the horns worked fine, very balanced. i liked the timpani and i kinda wished it was integrated in a little more.

keep it up, matteo. you got some cool stuff in your website too (Hunting the plains is my favorite on the Soundtrack A.D. 1312)

i\'m trying to work on my own GPO-metal crossbreed music, more in the vein of Moi dix Mois and similar japan stuff. hopefully it will be as good as your compositions.

Chandler, Arizona

This is a really cool piece. The orchestra stuff, especially the horns, could use more reverb. Also, it almost sounds like the file is clipping or that your using a little too much compression.

Good to hear that there is a shift back to incorporation of orchestral elements in rock.

Nice piece!!

As a listener, not someone who makes a lot of music (currently I\'m just playing around with GPO for fun) I just think its great that this library inspires so much creativity from so many people. It speaks a lot of Garry and his team that this product moves people to make music of any style. Great job on the song by the way.

Go Back to forum