• Register
  • Help

Topic: a little something

Share/Bookmark

a little something

been plugging away with Gary\'s fine deeevice and this is one of the ditties I came up with. Very much behind the curve on posting round these parts. Lots of competition...er... composition I mean. Anyway, as is usually the case, I write tooo many notes, but it is sorta bouncy. Hope you like.

www.novustelecom.com/~bocher/curiosity.mp3

christianb

Barring some issues I have with using it in Logic/OSX, this is a fine little library indeed. Might get a little laptop just to have some samples around when I\'m not home. As it is, I\'m afraid to leave my gear for any prolonged period of time, so that\'s probably a good idea anyway. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: a little something

GREAT!!! I like it...it sounds to me like some old Frank Zappa\'s Synclavier compositions...
    It\'s an original way to play classical samples

were you nervous?
    (UNDERLINE: I\'m not kidding...I\'m Italian and so many english expressions could be taken in a bad sense)

FINE! you remind me my youth-resources!
    Francesco

Its nice. It seems like the instruments are really clear. Good sonic quality about them.

Definitely leaves one a bit curious. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Where is everybody today?

Christian,

Fantastic work and very original. Francesco\'s right - it does have a hint of Zappa. Hope you don\'t mind if I post this on the demo page.

Thanks for sharing this.

Gary

Christian,

Fantastic work and very original. Francesco\'s right - it does have a hint of Zappa. Hope you don\'t mind if I post this on the demo page.

Thanks for sharing this.

Gary

Great job, Christian. Very different. I like it!

-- Martin

Thanks to me for what? I was just curious.

Zappa yes!

Sounds remarkably like the output of a \'composer\' program I have called \"Quasi-fractal\". Everything it puts out always sounds like Zappa.

Your \'output\' is more refined. Good work!

well, the good thing is Gary must have liked it... he posted to that effect twice. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Francesco, thanks so much for chiming in. Much appreciated. I like the reference to Zappa. Yeah, a bit too much prog rock in my past. It is hardly a grand piece...just a little exercise that tickled me and thought I\'d share. As far as being nervous... no...that\'s just my day-to-day energy level. Sharmy has accused me of having bouts of ADD. Add to that a touch of tourettes, a smidgeon of paranoia and my crack addiction and you end up with my musical musings.

Thanks Gary. You want to put it up, knock yourself out, but I don\'t really think it\'s worthy.

cb

Oh yeah, and thanks to you too Ron.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum