• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO upgrade to Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

GPO upgrade to Kontakt

I downloaded NI\'s demo version of Kontakt and it seems very cool. However, I cannot open any of the GPO sounds in the Kontakt demo. Is that because the version of Kontakt in the demo is 1.0 and the version for sale is 1.5?

There\'s been talk about an upgrade path from GPO to the full version of Kontakt. I was wondering when it would occur and the pricing in U.S. dollars. Anyone care to comment?

Re: GPO upgrade to Kontakt

You need Kontakt 1.5 or higher to load the samples from the GPO library.

Special Offers for users of the instrument versions from third party manufacturers:
    KONTAKT Update (from KONTAKT instrument versions): $/€ 299,-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">see \"Special Offers\" link in left nav

[corrected]

two things houston

gpo , if I am correct, needs Kontakt , not Kompakt to effect any great change. I\'m pretty sure I also remember reading that kompakt won\'t even load it.

the price at NI for the upgrade to Kontakt from the similar kompakt player is listed at $299. (there is no price yet for the kontakt \"player\" to full kontakt upgrade. Gary should have one this week, me thinks) It\'s cheaper to buy elsewhere. Froogle my man...froogle.

cb

Gary, any news on that GPO -> Kontakt upgrade pricing? I have found Kontakt at 265 US at Compumusic, and am wondering if Native\'s offer can beat it...

http://www.compumusic.com/Item.aspx?id=d165f54c-d541-49bb-9006-ddbab06a72de

Kelly\'s Music and Computers has an academic version for $259. At one time they had an \"upgrade from Kontakt Player\" for $199.

Originally posted by christianb:
    two things houston

gpo , if I am correct, needs Kontakt , not Kompakt to effect any great change. I\'m pretty sure I also remember reading that kompakt won\'t even load it.

the price at NI for the upgrade to Kontakt from the similar kompakt player is listed at $299. (there is no price yet for the kontakt \"player\" to full kontakt upgrade. Gary should have one this week, me thinks) It\'s cheaper to buy elsewhere. Froogle my man...froogle.

cb
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">DOH! You\'re absolutely right - it was a copy and paste error. I made the correction in the text above to eliminate confusion, but I noticed that NI has an entirely new cart/navigation structure. So, you have to search a bit down the sampler list to find the price for the upgrade from the instrument version. I think it\'s a great deal for folk that want streaming or editing capabilities.

bhphotovideo.com has Kontakt for about $240 non-academic.

i\'m not sure if there is any new word yet about an upgrade from GPO, but i recently bought an academic version of kontakt for $199.95 at Academic Superstore. it\'s a great resource for students (next stop for me, after effects 6.0 pro)

Houston, I read the NI web site differently. The $299 price is for the Kompakt instrument (as in Zero-G) to full Kontakt upgrade, not Kontakt instrument (as in GPO) to full Kontakt upgrade. NI does not currently have anything for a Kontakt instrument to full Kontakt upgrade.

They may eventually offer the GPO upgrade at $299, but some of us on this forum are already letting Gary and NI know that this would be silly since you can get the full version for as little as $240. NI needs to at least beat that price ($199 would be nice) if it wants enthused customers willing to buy yet more NI gear. $299 is definitely not a good deal.

Go Back to forum