• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Solo Violin Demos

Orcas Island

New Solo Violin Demos

Here are some solo violin demos that were just submitted.

The Romanza in F by Beethoven was performed on the 3 GPO solo violins by Francesco Marchetti. These three solo violins - a Stradivari, a Guarneri and a Gagliano - were all made in the 1700\'s.

Each Violin has a unique sound and timbre.

Here is a violin solo from a larger peice titled \"Lament\" composed and performed by Jerry Wickham.

Thanks Francesco and Jerry for sharing this with us.

Gary Garritan

Re: New Solo Violin Demos

These instruments are awesome! I think I like the Gagliano violin the most in this demo. It has such a warm, sad sound...

Congratulations again, Mar. Garritan!

Mr. Garritan

Those are lovely examples of what can be done. Unfortunately, the results acheived by these gentlemen are beyond my own powers. Is there any chance of the midi files for these examples being posted. That would help me immensely.

Thank you,
    Dennis Burton (very new owner of GPO)

Beautiful [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My favorite is by far the Guarnieri. These are nice examples, though the downward grace notes sound a little artificial, as do a couple of the turns.

Still, very nice!

UK- teeming with life....

Excellent Francesco! Beethoven\'s Romanza is close to my alltime favourite violin piece.... Bruch\'s Violin Concerto no1!

I guessed how good the violins would sound with the right MIDI adjustments and I\'m not disappointed.....It\'s not always the size of the samples that matter; a lot of it is in the tweaking!! I prefer the piece with full string orchestra backing but that wouldn\'t demonstrate how good the solo violin could be.

Onwards and upwards! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very nice. the Gagliano was the closest to the sound I\'m looking for. There\'s nothing wrong with any of these violins, they are all incredible deals and useful in many contexts.

(I edited this post)

That Lament song is very impressive! Cool! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by GigaLove:
    That Lament song is very impressive! Cool! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree, that is the best example. A little less reverb might show detail better, but it does give a nice impression of a solist within a larger orchestral piece.

Go Back to forum