• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does GOS controls (i.e: Auto-Alternator) works in Kontakt?

Share/Bookmark

Does GOS controls (i.e: Auto-Alternator) works in Kontakt?

Hello,

This is something I\'m trying to know a long time. I had troubles with Gigastudio and stopped to use it. Now, I only use Kontakt.

Will I be able to use the GOS controls, such as Auto-Alternator in Kontakt? And how will it work?

Thanks!

Re: Does GOS controls (i.e: Auto-Alternator) works in Kontakt?

The sounds will play exactly the same with the same controllers and features in Kontakt. Kontakt was used to program the library and the Kontakt player is based on the Kontakt engine. Most of the beta testing was done in Kontakt.

Thanks people, but will it work in Kontakt with Garritan Strings or only with Personal Orchestra?

I *just* installed the full version of Kontakt 1.5 on my machine last night. I only had time to check into a few of the default sounds and then I had to bail out and take care of house work. When I load up some of the GPO sounds in Kontakt I\'ll check on it and let you know. I see that there is a round-robin type feature in Kontakt, and I assume that is what GPO uses for the auto-alternator on the short bows - but I will know for sure in a day or two (maybe as late as the weekend).

Cheers,
    Houston

Fabricio,

The only relatively painless way to get these GOS features to work in Kontakt is to use Logic and the Virtual MaestroTools environment designed by Roman Beilharz. This will supply the necessary MIDI tools to get features like Alternating bow strokes and Legato mode to function, assuming that you have succeeded in accurately translating all of the Giga structure to the Kontakt files (no small feat). The special functions will not work without MaestroTools – the specially programmed instruments work hand-in-hand with MaestroTools to supply these features. The actual MaestroTools utility is more problematic because it would need to sit in the MIDI data chain between the sequencer and Kontakt. This eliminates using Kontakt as a plugin for this purpose. You may be able to configure an arrangement where you route data from your sequencer to MaestroTools and then to Kontakt as a standalone. You MAY, but I haven’t heard of anyone pulling this off successfully. Perhaps one of the users out there has accomplished this.

It really comes down to the fact that MaestroTools was only designed for use with GigaStudio and it’s an uphill battle if you try to apply it to another platform. When GOS2 is released for Kontakt it will not use MaestroTools. The library will be re-programmed to supply many of the same features but they will be accomplished in different ways within Kontakt.

Tom

Fabricio,
    I\'d recommend only using GOS with Gigastudio, unless you are very comfortable with programing Kontakt and are willing to spend time to perfect the translation that Kontakt will do by default of GOS. You can use MaestroTools when running Kontakt as a plug-in in your sequencer - you need to start Maestro first, and configure it to use your midi interface hardware for its inputs, and then start your sequencer and configure the sequencer to use the Maple (Maestro) Midi input ports for its inputs.

It is in theory possible, but I would definitely recommend against it, due to the work involved. Gigastudio would be much easier for GOS, since both the original GOS and MaestroTools were designed for it.

I must have been tired when I posted my reply. Getting the GPO, GOS, GOP, GSO all mixed up.

Go Back to forum