• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Studio: can't access Ambience

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio: can\'t access Ambience

I just downloaded and installed GPO host. However, I can\'t seem to access Ambience. I click and double click on it, but can\'t access the conrtol panel. I uninstalled and re-installed GPO host. Same thing happens. Have I missed something?

Re: GPO Studio: can\'t access Ambience

Same thing here. Please advise. I\'m running WinXp Home, if that makes any difference.

Which screen resolution are you using?

The window positions are saved within the
    file, it seems that for Ambience, the window
    was at 600px vertical, which means almost the
    bottom of the screen if you\'re running
    at 1024x768, you should see the Ambience window
    title bar in the lower right of your screen.

I guess we\'ll wait to see if there are other
    problems before sending an updated version to Gary.

Do you have 2 instances of ambience? I know Sonar 3 came with ambience and Studio uses Garritan Ambience. Just a thought.

Gary

In my case, I can see the entire GPO Studio screen, so its not a matter of screen resolution not showing the whole interface. I am running Windows XP Home. I was previously using Plogue\'s Bidule and Maple Tools virtual midi ports. Maybe this has something to do with it, since I did not uninstall them? All of the eight instances of Kontakt appear and are accesible (I can load sounds into the instrument slots). However, when I click or double click on the picture of Ambience, the control panel does not pop up. So I\'ve got sound, but I just can\'t adjust the reverb settings (especially the CPU % control, which in my case makes a big difference on the performace of my machine). Any thoughts? Anyone having the same problems? I also have Gigastudio 160 loaded on this machine, but its not being used, if that helps.

On another note, I can\'t find the GPO ports in Overture. I\'m thinking that it only has space for a certain number of ports that are now filled. In Overture I can see all four maple ports, all four giga ports, and my M-Audio midi out port. Is there no more room in Overture for more ports ? If so, how do I remove the giga ports to make room for the GPO ports?

Help would be appreciated.

On another note, I can\'t find the GPO ports in Overture.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You may not need to find the ports, it is done automatically. Please refer to the following thread:

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=001073;p=2

Furlan,

I think what seb (Plogue) was saying is that when the GUI for Ambience Reveber pops up, it\'s at the very bottom of a 1024x768 screen. If your desktop resolution is something less than 1024x768, it may be poping up off screen.

Originally posted by G Rudolph:
    Furlan,

I think what seb (Plogue) was saying is that when the GUI for Ambience Reveber pops up, it\'s at the very bottom of a 1024x768 screen. If your desktop resolution is something less than 1024x768, it may be poping up off screen.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes this is exacly what we mean.
    A future update of the template files in GPO Studio would resolve this.

The thing is the empty 1.template (which is what is opened by default) file was created on a PC with 1200x1024 desktop, and ambiance\'s GUI was set at the bottom.

Sorry for the inconvenients.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I just confirmed that. At screen resolution of 800x600 Ambience window is off screen, at 1024x768 it appears and I can make adjustments.

To adjust the screen res: Start/Settings/Control Panel/Display/Settings and adjust the screen area slider.

Thank you. The screen resolution was preventing me from seeing Ambience in the pop up screen. Now, how about seeing the GPO ports in Overture?

Go Back to forum