• Register
  • Help

Topic: Infotainment - Wind Machine

Infotainment - Wind Machine

</font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Error in Manual pg. 24 for Wind Machine \"Controls\"
    Reads: Vel (vol)
    Actual: MW
    That is, you control the volume of the wind machine with the Mod Wheel. You know, just like all the other wind instruments. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> -tainment
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">User Demo. I have completed a small arrangement for Violin solo, string orchestra and some percussion (including the Wind Machine). I doubt if I\'d ever have attempted this unless I had GPO on my computer--no chance of getting it actually performed. As a fan of GPO you may enjoy listening to it as I do.
    Go to my web site and listen to Lullaby, by Irénée Bergé, who incidentally was one of the pioneers of music for silent films.
    I appreciate listening to all demos others have shared, original music and all the rest. Criticism is appreciated, even the negative stuff.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    Also, some final[e] words, GPO Studio is working like a dream with Finale on my computer [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] , which is Win XP Home, Pavilion Celeron 2.4GHz, 760 MB RAM, Audigy sound card.

Re: Infotainment - Wind Machine

From one Finale/GPO user to another...are you applying cc#1 values in Finale to control volume (mod wheel)? I\'ve been trying that approach with no success.

Orcas Island

You have made some really delightful music with GPO. You\'re web site devoted to turn-of-the-century instrumental music is wonderful.

It\'s good to hear that GPO Studio is working like a dream with Finale. Perhaps you could someday give some pointers on using GPO Studio and Finale. I\'ll make the textual corrections in the manual regarding the the wind machine control.

There are few pieces I\'ve heard with the wind machine. The wind machine was also used in Northern Callings.

Anyone familiar with some pieces in the classical literature that makes use of the wind machine? Does anyone want to do a demo of a wind machine concerto, solo or quartet? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Gary Garritan

Dibs on the wind-machine concerto [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyone familiar with some pieces in the classical literature that makes use of the wind machine?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">A few pieces spring to mind: Strauss\' \"Don Quixote\" and \"Alpine Symphony\", and Vaughan Williams\' \"Sinfonia Antarctica\".

Michael Tippett\'s Fourth Symphony also has a wind machine, but since the composer\'s intention was to imitate the sound of human breathing, in performance the wind machine is usually replaced with actual amplified human breathing.

Dave Gilmour used a wind machine at the begining
    of shine on you crazy diamond part VI when he
    did an unplugged version of it [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum