• Register
  • Help

Topic: No sound from keyboard when running GPO VST

Share/Bookmark

No sound from keyboard when running GPO VST

GPO runs fine for me in standalone mode. But when I run it as a VST in my sequencer (Magix Music Studio 2004 Deluxe - which is based on Emagic Logic), I get no sound when I play my MIDI keyboard.

The funny thing is that, when I play a note on my keyboard, I *do* see the corresponding key on the virtual keyboard go down. And if I use my mouse to click the keys on the virtual keyboard, I hear sound.

Re: No sound from keyboard when running GPO VST

If the mouse can produce sound, then you are half way there at least. It appears that you are not getting any midi to the VSTi instance. I know nothing about the sequencer you are using unfortunately, but you will want to make sure that the midi interface your keyboard is using is selected as a midi input for the track that is being used for Personal Orchestra. If you have made sure that the track in question is using you midi interface for its midi input, then make sure that that track is sending midi to the Personal Orchestra VSTi, and that it is sending midi on the same channel as the instrument(s) in the Personal Orchestra VSTi is using.

OK, I discovered that it works OK - *if* GPO is loaded into the Audio Instrument 1 slot. (I had previously tried loading it into Instrument 3....and, yes, I had made sure the instrument and MIDI channels were set correctly - after all, the virtual keyboard was moving when I pressed a key on my real keyboard).

So I guess that means I can only launch one instance of GPO, using the Instrument 1 slot.

Although I can get around this by using my \"full\" Kontakt, or by downloading GPO Studio - it would be nice if this bug could be looked into).

This may seem obvious, but make sure the mod wheel is not at minimum - this has fooled many people into thinking it does not work.

Originally posted by Headcheese:
    This may seem obvious, but make sure the mod wheel is not at minimum - this has fooled many people into thinking it does not work.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I had already made sure of that.

Any other suggestions?

Go Back to forum