• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gary (or Tom)--Need help uninstalling old Maestro Tools (for GOS)

Share/Bookmark

Gary (or Tom)--Need help uninstalling old Maestro Tools (for GOS)

I recently had a second hard drive installed on my computer to make my more powerful audio software (Gigastudio/GOS) work more efficiently. On a clean hard drive I installed the old version of Maestro Tools rather than the updated version for XP by mistake (note: I have Windows XP Home Edition). When I tried to uninstall it so I could install the updated version in its place, I got a pop-up message saying \"Couldn\'t open installable driver DLL.\" When I clicked OK it said \"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personel or package vendor.\"

In addition to trying to uninstall (as well as \"repair\" the program so it COULD be uninstalled) we have tried clearing the registry with everything pertaining to Marble or Maestro Tools. Still whenever we try to reinstall either the old or updated Maestro Tools program, it does not give us the option of a fresh installation, but only the option to \"repair\" or \"remove\". Whenever \"repair\" is chosen and the system restarted, no changes are made. Whenever \"remove\" is chosen the above two pop-up messages come up. Would you please send us a list of all files and registry settings which Maestro Tools installs so we may successfully remove ALL traces of the old version and install the updated version in its place. Or, if you are familiar with these error messages and know of a way around them, please tell me what should be done. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Frodo

Re: Gary (or Tom)--Need help uninstalling old Maestro Tools (for GOS)

Hi Frodo,
    Send me a private message with your email and I\'ll email to you an app that will clean up everything related to Maestro on your system.

Re: Gary (or Tom)--Need help uninstalling old Maestro Tools (for GOS)

Thanks Jeff, I sent you a private message with my email address.

Frodo

Go Back to forum