• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is it realistic to expect...

Share/Bookmark

Re: Is it realistic to expect...

As far as Windows and Finale goes I don\'t know, but as far as OS X and Cubase SX goes I\'ve had no issues yet with GPO, in fact it\'s among the most stable first versions of a software that I\'ve used over the years. It does require a lot of RAM and CPU when used extensively, but not more than similar other software (or than the samples loaded of course). I would suggest adding as much RAM to the G5 that you can afford, in order to get som headroom for other applications besides GPO. Also, OS X really likes RAM [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wirebird

Re: Is it realistic to expect...

Originally posted by Wirebird:
    As far as Windows and Finale goes I don\'t know, but as far as OS X and Cubase SX goes I\'ve had no issues yet with GPO, in fact it\'s among the most stable first versions of a software that I\'ve used over the years. It does require a lot of RAM and CPU when used extensively, but not more than similar other software (or than the samples loaded of course). I would suggest adding as much RAM to the G5 that you can afford, in order to get som headroom for other applications besides GPO. Also, OS X really likes RAM [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wirebird
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Wirebird, that\'s very encouraging!

Rick

Is it realistic to expect...

Is it realistic to expect GPO working as seamlessly on OSX as it now runs on Windows? I need to know because I\'m planning on getting a G5. I see Finale has an OSX version out, and this should solve my problem with Finale 2000\'s inability to send midi out usb ports.

Rick

Go Back to forum