• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO problem with Logic

GPO problem with Logic

I had posted a similar topic, but I wanted to re-clarify what I meant. I really need help with this.

Here\'s what happens. If I load the GPO VST into the AI1 slot (Audio Instrument 1), it works fine. However, if I load it into another slot (say, AI2), I don\'t get any sound.

I have made sure that the track pointing to AI2 was selected in the Arrange Window. I have made sure that the instrument(s) loaded into that instance of GPO were set to the correct MIDI channel. I have made sure that I moved the mod wheel fully forward after loading the sounds(s). When I click the virtual keys with the mouse, I get sound (thus proving that there is no problem with the sounds themselves or with the controller settings). When I play notes on my physical MIDI keyboard, I see that the virtual keys are moving (thus proving that MIDI data is being correctly tramsmitted from my keyboard to GPO). I am also making sure that I am playing within the proper range. Yet still, no sound.

Please keep in mind that, until this is fixed, I am stuck with only being able to run one instance (which is not enough for an orchestral arrangement). Although I can use the full version of Kontakt to play the GPO sounds with multiple instances, this is a major performance hog compared to using just the player. Thus, I want the player to work *right*, the way it\'s supposed to.

Has *anyone* heard of this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: GPO problem with Logic

a few things...

make sure that the MIDI cha of the audio instrument is set to all...this will ensure that what ever midi channel your keyboard is transmitting on goes into GPO and thus activate whatever instrument is set to the same channel...

if, lets say, the MIDI cha is set to 4 but your keyboard is set to channel 2 you will see the keys animate in GPO but if any of the instruments slot is not set to receive on channel 2 then you will hear nothing--which is what i suspect is happening...

also, i saw the other day (but now can\'t seem to find the thread) that gary put out a link of a new update specifically pointing out that some issues were fixed with logic (altho i never encountered any thus far)...the version is now\'ve installed it and so far so good... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

hope this helps you some...

[edit: here\'s the thread for the update http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=001185 ]

btw...if you are running multiple instances but controlling them from one object, such as a single multi-instrument or a channel splitter cabled to two + audio-instruments, the second instance and down (and perhaps even the first as in my case) will not sound unless logic is running, i.e in play or record mode--and then there\'s awfull latency to deal with too...that\'s just the way the audio engine works [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

OK, it looks like it\'s working now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum