• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Registration Policies

Share/Bookmark

GPO Registration Policies

What are the policies for GPO?

I\'ve got it registered on my Giga machine, but I need to move it. I know that it has a 30-day period before it must be registered. What I don\'t know are...

* Can I use GPO legally on more than one PC, for instance, a desktop and laptop?

* Can the registration be easily transferred from one computer to another? For instance, is there a way to un-register my copy, which then allows me to register it on another PC?

* Any tips to ensure that I don\'t lose my authentication? I\'d rather do it right the first time than spend time e-mailing people to straighten it out.

Thanks!

Re: GPO Registration Policies

Hi Jon,

I don\'t work for NI, but I\'m pretty sure I know the official answers:
    1) Use license is for simultaneous use on only one computer at a time, but you can license for two (e.g. desktop and laptop). You get two authorizations with a single license purchase.

2) Yes, you can de-authorize a machine, to permit you to authorize for a different machine. But, be careful about de-authorizing and then trying to re-authorize for the same machine (as in changed disk drive resulting in different system ID). For some reason that I don\'t understand, NI says that\'s a no-no, and I personally got burned for a week on that one. Go figure.

3) If you do mess up, there is an email help address at the NI site for solving registration woes. They will get back to you within a week or so - I guess it takes a long time for email to make it all the way accross the ocean to Germany. :-)

Trond

Thanks Trond,

The ability to have two installations pretty much solves things for me. I\'ll do the registration for the machine where I now want it, and I\'ll just leave the previous copy on the machine where I no longer need it. A painless solution. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I haven\'t had a chance to get my GPO yet but I want to know what do I do when I format my computer which I do every few months. Am I going to have a problem everytime I format my computer to get GPO\'s registration working?

Originally posted by Jaibulu:
    I haven\'t had a chance to get my GPO yet but I want to know what do I do when I format my computer which I do every few months. Am I going to have a problem everytime I format my computer to get GPO\'s registration working?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I believe that you can de-authorize and re-authorize for this very purpose. It may be best to ask Native Instruments this question directly on the \"POWERED BY\" forum at http://www.nativeinstruments.com/index.php?forum_us

Gary Garritan

Thanks Gary, I hope this is not difficult to achieve otherwise it would be a big inconvinience for me. I like to back up my files and format every few months. I\'ll see what info I can get from NI unless anyone else out there has the same concern and has already solved this matter.

Just a question: the 30-day period for registration means from the day of purchase or installation?
    I will not have time to install my already bought GPO earlier then in one month so I hope I will be able to use it at all.

From date of installation.

Trond

Go Back to forum