• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Ensemble Demo

Share/Bookmark

GPO Ensemble Demo

Hey Everyone,

This is my arrangement of Diagon Alley from Harry Potter and the Sorceror\'s Stone by John Williams. I wanted to see what GPO would sound like in this type of situation.

Since this is my personal arrangement of the piece, I don\'t think that there are any copywrite issues. If there are please let me know. The reason I bought GPO was to use in my film scores and I thought some people might like to here actual scores played with it.

Go to www.jonnylostinc.com and click on the composition heading on the left side. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom. You will find the link, configuration and instruments used. I have several other demos on the way. Please, let me know what you think. If you have time, please sign my guestbook. I like to know who stopped by. Thanks.

Jonny
    www.jonnylostinc.com

PS: Sorry this seems so complicated. I tried to post a link, but I couldn\'t get it to work! :-)

Re: GPO Ensemble Demo

I have the Harry Potter soundtrack...not bad, but it sounds a bit MIDI-ish. I think making more of your notes staccato would help.

Originally posted by Cerrabore:
    I have the Harry Potter soundtrack...not bad, but it sounds a bit MIDI-ish. I think making more of your notes staccato would help.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree. Also, loosening up the quantization and/or applying humanization would help.

But overall, a very good job. I know how hard it is to produce convincing orchestral scores with MIDI and samplers.

I think it is dry? You need some ambiance - without ambiance it does not sound real. I think the arrangement is terrific. Just needs some verb.

Jonny,

Very nice demo. You may try using a different Ambience setting rather than parlor. Try the Concerrt Hall or Ballrooms. I wish I could post this on the GPO site, but John William\'s lawyers may not like that. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Gary

Go Back to forum