• Register
  • Help

Topic: Only getting 66 voices with GigaStudio 96

Share/Bookmark

Re: Only getting 66 voices with GigaStudio 96

Hmmm... have you remembered to register GigaStudio? I\'ve seen a few people mention the \"always starts up with only 64 note polyphony\" problem, and I\'ve always wondered if that was the problem. So far as I understand it:

a) an install that\'s not registered will run normally but with only 64 voices

b) you must restart to take advantage of any increase you make to the polyphony settings. Maybe without restarting (because you wind up back at 64 voices again), the system sticks closely to the 64 note limit but \"bleeds\" out a couple of extra notes?

Just a thought. Good luck!

------------------
    Mike Beckett http://www.nuclearkangaroomusic.com

[This message has been edited by MDB (edited 03-09-2001).]

Only getting 66 voices with GigaStudio 96

I\'ve noticed that my system never plays more than 66 voices even though it\'s set for 96. I have a PIII-733 with 512 MB of PC133 memory. Using a Maxtor ATA/100 30 GB drive. I\'m using a Echo Darla 24 soundcard.

I notice that the system always defaults to 64 voices when I start GigaStudio. I then have to manually change it to 96. I am getting 66 voices without any pops or clicks. Any ideas why I\'m not getting 96 voices?

I know you probably don\'t want to hear this but.....

I\'ve found that the initial install only gives me 64 polyphony. If I start up GigaStudio, change the settings to the max (in my case 160), then quit. I can then do a fresh install of GigaStudio over the top of this one and it will read my values in.

Pain in the neck I know but it works for me.

I registered the program when I installed it. I still have the email I received from Nemesys and it shows the proper info under the Help menu. I sent in the email with my info to Nemesys to get the free Dan Dean gigs but received a reply back that I wasn\'t registered. Odd!!

GigaDiga, when you say fresh install - do you mean to relaunch the program or reinstall the program?

Go Back to forum