• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do you think my laptop can handle GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Do you think my laptop can handle GPO?

With some practice, you can work around that by track bouncing. I\'ve done this in the past when dealing with these kind of limitations, and at first it was a pain but after a while it really becomes not so big a deal, and in some ways it\'s better because it forces you to make more permanent decisions - not that you can\'t go back and change them, but that takes longer... really though, it can be done.

Do you think my laptop can handle GPO?

I have to travel and I am thinking about getting GPO but worried that my laptop will crash. I have a Sony Celeron 900 with 256MB. I know it won\'t handle a full orchestra but I was wondering if it will at least handle a string quartet. Does anyone have a clue at my possible limits?

Originally posted by Jaibulu:
    I have to travel and I am thinking about getting GPO but worried that my laptop will crash. I have a Sony Celeron 900 with 256MB. I know it won\'t handle a full orchestra but I was wondering if it will at least handle a string quartet. Does anyone have a clue at my possible limits?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can say that your processor can handle 8 instruments, maybe even 16, but with that much ram I doubt if you could run more than one instrument at a time.

Rick

That\'s too bad for me. I guess I\'ll just score it all and when I come back sequence it all on my desktop.

Thanks

Go Back to forum