• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: demo- GPO goes disco house

Orcas Island

Re: demo- GPO goes disco house

This is one of the coolest demos I\'ve heard yet! Great to hear GPO used in this musical genre. Great work!

Gary Garritan

PS: Would it be okay to post this on the GPO website?

Too cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'m curious now to hear what you might do with modwheel and legato too. I like it.

Sure Garry! I\'m sure it\'ll pose great possibility for house/disco composers because they\'re always on the lookout for good strings. Now if I can only funk up the brass section. :-)

here is a longer version with legato here and there:

This tune was used as main theme for NEC\'s new coming employee instruction video if that makes a difference at all. Does it sound NEC? Na, didn\'t think so. I just wanted to try some disco strings. hehe.

I love gooooold [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    His Fasha? Ooooh, you mean Father.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This demo is way cool.

B R A V O!

demo- GPO goes disco house

Dunno if there\'s been a house demo yet, but here\'s GPO strings rippin\' it disco style.

No special programming here. Just stuck the mod wheel at max, and just played the phrases in octave unison. I did boost the high end up alot.

thanx for the positive feedback guys! I\'ll tell ya when the brass team joins in. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very nice. Regarding the brass in the GPO, well I like what I hear but I too have my eye on doing some jazzy orchestral stuff at some point. I\'ve only had the GPO for a week so I\'m still goofing around, but the day after I got it I went out a snagged some inexpesive sax soundfonts because I just wanted to see how jazzy I could get with the GPO.

I still have a lot to work out there, but I cracked myself up pretty good there for a couple of hours :-).

Chandler, Arizona

There\'s a rumor that a big band add-on will be one of the 1st add-on libraries.

Oh man, that is a GREAT demo!! Thanks for posting it.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast