• Register
  • Help

Topic: logic suddenly does not like GPO

Share/Bookmark

logic suddenly does not like GPO

hello,

I have been using GPO in logic for months now with no problems. I updated to the version Gary put up for test and did not notice any immediate problems. Yesterday, i was using logic and getting all kinds of erratic behavior with the interface, like having to click above where i wanted to click, trying to move windows to my second monitor and having them minimize, trying to change boxes with the mouse and them not staying activated for the change.

First i tried unistalling and reistalling all midi, audio drivers and trashing logic\'s preferences and rerunning the setup assistant. no dice. i then thought to myself. stupid, you just installed BFD maybe there is a problem with that AU. i tried removing them, once again no solution. Then i thought to myself, the only thing i installed recently was that GPO update. So i replaced the BFD and removed this. suddenly everything was kosher. So, i thought maybe if i unistalled the last update and went back to the first update 1.0.2.05 (ithink) then it should be fine but it still makes it freak out.

problem is it did not do this before and i don\'t know what else to try. i have a line in to gary to check it out but any feedback would be appreciated. i run a 1ghz powerbook with 10.2.8 and i gig of ram.

Any other mac users having problems with this AU and any suggestions. like i said it worked fine until recently...just plain weird.

Re: logic suddenly does not like GPO

like having to click above where i wanted to click
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, I\'ve been having that since installing Kontakt for OSX. Anyone know about a way out of this, besides waiting for Native Instruments to sort this out?

This makes working with Logic very tiresome and difficult! And it is not supposed to be!

Native Instruments just posted the new update installer - version 1.0.2.008 to their site.

Mac Version GPO102U_OSX_Install.sit (12 MB)

See if this works better for you and let me know.

Gary Garritan

I also had the erratic graphical behavior with Mac/OS X - Logic Audio Audio 6.3/GPO. It did disappear after registering Kontakt. Since I did try GPO-Kontakt on both PC (Cubase) and Mac (Logic)for quite some time, my experience is that the PC Plattform does works much better and is more stable. Not to mention thatI was a Mac addict for about 15 years.....Strange things happen in the computer world. I use to have a Mac for music and a PC for mail, business, etc. Now it is the opposite.

Originally posted by Malo:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> like having to click above where i wanted to click
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah, I\'ve been having that since installing Kontakt for OSX. Anyone know about a way out of this, besides waiting for Native Instruments to sort this out?

This makes working with Logic very tiresome and difficult! And it is not supposed to be!
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, in case you guys were not aware, this is a well known bug caused by AU plug ins that Logic does not like. NI stuff is on the list, both GPO and Kontakt. Hopefully the new update will address this!

Cheers

no go on the new NI update it is still erratic and causing a pleathora of GUI and associated problems.

Gary I need your help. I will contact you in the next couple of days about this .

thank you

Go Back to forum