• Register
  • Help

Topic: ---ASIO LEGATO AND SUSTAIN IN SONAR 3 w/ GPO---

Share/Bookmark

---ASIO LEGATO AND SUSTAIN IN SONAR 3 w/ GPO---

I made a suggestion in another thread that I finally was able to try. Here is how you do it:

Install GPO as a VST. I set my default vst directory to: c:\\Program Files\\VST Plugins

Navigate to your vst plugin directory. It could be you used your DAW directory. find the dll file. The default name is \"PersonalOrchestraVST.dll\"

Now the easy part - just copy the .dll file by dragging the file with the right mouse button and click \"Copy Here.\"

Rename the .dll file to \"PersonalOrchestraVST2.dll\" or whatever you would like. Just differentiate it from the first.

Now, with Sonar 3, I ran my VST adapter and redetected my plugins. Now, in Sonar, you can select either \"PersonalOrchestraVST\" or \"PersonalOrchestraVST2\" from the Dxi Synth seletion.

I personally set each instance of GPO in an AudioFX insert, then route my midi channel to the instance. You can now change the options to \"sustain mode\" or \"legato mode\" in each instance. These instances should remain standard throughout.

Technically, Kontakt Player has 256 stereo voice polyphony. By having multiple \"plugin instances\" - not just additional instances, the polyphony count should double per plugin. This is not saying PER INSTANCE. It is for each copied dll.

I haven\'t tried this approach yet with a full orchestration, but in my tests, it has worked without a hitch. Enjoy!

-On another note, I want to say that I have just been able to start using GPO and I am completely floored by the quality of the product. It is every bit as professional as any other product out there and has been a pure joy to use for the programming and ease-of-use. The samples -though its been debated a lot - are every bit as professional sounding as others. It is in the user\'s programming skill that the \"Hollywood Sounding\" demos will soon surface. Props to Gary on this, but I know he has heard it before. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: ---ASIO LEGATO AND SUSTAIN IN SONAR 3 w/ GPO---

Thanks Jonathan. I tried this back when we originally discussed it but it didn\'t work for me. I\'ll try again and see what happens.

You are 1 post from 600....lol. Let me know if you have any problems and I will be glad to help!

Jonathan,

What a fantastic workaround. I\'m going to run this by Native Instruments as well and see if they find it helpful for future versions. Thanks for sharing this.

Gary

No problem Gary. I hope this is useful for everyone and potentionally useful for the NI updates. It is a simple enough work-around though.

Having GPO Studio running simultaneously as Sonar with Kontakt Player in a DAW wouldn\'t work well enough for me because my M-audio 410 card didn\'t want to share the drivers (regardless that it is supposed to). I saw some people have similar issues while trying to use ASIO drivers for both. I\'ve never had problems with GigaStudio and Sonar sharing ASIO drivers, so I am not sure if this is a Plogue programming issue or not. Regardless, the copied dll resolves that issue.....it also reduces the amount of ram used instead of running gpo studio and kontakt player simultaneously with a DAW (on 1 computer). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum