• Register
  • Help

Topic: Randy Bowser's Karloff play looks like it was a Big Hit

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Randy Bowser's Karloff play looks like it was a Big Hit

From the comments, it would seem Karloff was a big success. Here is one comment posted:

Last night's performance of Randy Bowser's Karlofftheplay was AMAZING. I had a wonderful time, learned a few things I didn't know before about Boris Karloff, and left the theater feeling inspired. I loved it so much, I'm going to see it again next weekend on Saturday, November 22. If you are in the Salem, OR, area, and can get to Level B Theater Pub, I HIGHLY recommend you see Karloff: A One-Person Play. Next weekend is the final weekend for the show (and if you go on Saturday night, I'll see you there!).

Re: Randy Bowser's Karloff play looks like it was a Big Hit

I also attended the performance on the 15th and concur that Randy and the production were stunning. It would be difficult to give him too much praise for the various things he accomplished here – script, music, direction, and (of course) the impressive job of bringing it all to life with his (solo) virtuosic acting. The play itself is informative, amusing, and moving. And, as frosting on the delectable cake, Boris Karloff's daughter Sara was there to answer questions and add insights concerning the play (she loved it) and her father. I also enjoyed being able to briefly meet and talk with Randy after the play (we had not met, in person, before.) I highly recommend that anyone who can possibly attend one of the remaining performances in Salem do so. You will be treating yourself to something special.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins View Post
    I also attended the performance on the 15th and concur that Randy and the production were stunning. It would be difficult to give him too much praise for the various things he accomplished here – script, music, direction, and (of course) the impressive job of bringing it all to life with his (solo) virtuosic acting. The play itself is informative, amusing, and moving. And, as frosting on the delectable cake, Boris Karloff's daughter Sara was there to answer questions and add insights concerning the play (she loved it) and her father. I also enjoyed being able to briefly meet and talk with Randy after the play (we had not met, in person, before.) I highly recommend that anyone who can possibly attend one of the remaining performances in Salem do so. You will be treating yourself to something special.

Tom

That's really great to hear Tom.

Let's send Randy and Karloff to BROADWAY......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Let's send Randy and Karloff to BROADWAY......

Congratulations Randy on the successful premier! I just caught this video on Randy's youtube channel. I'm sharing here for others:

http://youtu.be/9twJzAIqKNg

That was pretty cool!

I'm sure Randy put every ounce of his energy into his one man project. I know that having the whole project on one's shoulders reaps great rewards in the end if you have the needed talents and you survive it.

I hope Karloff can be performed some where in my neck of the woods. I think Tacoma would be better than over crowded Seattle.

Phil

Phil,

My wife and I drove down to Salem from your "neck of the woods." We should have offered you a ride.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins View Post
    Phil,

My wife and I drove down to Salem from your "neck of the woods." We should have offered you a ride.

Tom
    I was thinking about that actually. I think the problem was that I had training all weekend with Mason County Search And Rescue. My latest adventure. What have I gotten myself into?

Now I find out that I will be doing a overnight extreme camp out training session the second week in January, the same weekend as my season tickets for the Seattle Opera sunday performance of Tosca. Dang!

Go Back to forum