• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New GPO/NI Kontakt Player Now Available.

Share/Bookmark

New GPO/NI Kontakt Player Now Available.

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR GPO USERS:

The Garritan Personal Orchestra/NI KONTAKT PLAYER 1.0.2.008 update is available as a free download to all registered users. You\'ll need to login to the Native Instruments site in order to download these updates. These are password-protected downloads, so only registered users will have access to them.

Windows Version (13 MB)

Mac Version (12 MB)

After you download them, unzip/unstuff them to the Desktop of place of your choice. Double click on the extracted file and the update process will begin.

Re: New GPO/NI Kontakt Player Now Available.

I would like to know what changes have been made in the newest update. My original install has worked great in DP 4.12 so I\'m a little cautitious when it comes to updates. If I install this latest update, does it matter that I skipped the last one?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Aaron,

You should be able to just install the new update over any previous version.

The readme file that can with the update lists the salient changes. Here is a version history:

Version History

- value fields now accept text entry
    - tune knob sets to more useful values
    - all knobs now can be constrained by shift-clicking
    - fixed problems with extra CC data being written in Logic
    - updated library

- Pedal mode now set to Legato Mode by default
    - fixed: Sustain Pedal bug some instruments no longer crashes
    - Various improvements to the instrument programming.
    - fixed: Tuning issue with solo stringed instruments
    - Kontakt Player has greater stability.
    - fixed: Logic 5.5.1 PC no longer crashes
    - Extended ranges of some of the instruments
    - fixed: Wet instruments have active reverb values
    - Integration with upcoming GPO Host
    - fixed: Polyphony meter now works properly

Version 1.0 - initial release

Hi Gary,

Congratulations on another update. One per month. They must have really good coffee at NI!

The first four items aren\'t that important to me (not that they wouldn\'t be important to others), and I\'m on dial-up, so I might skip it, but...

\"-updated library\"???

Anything more specific? Any particular instruments improved?

My gosh, any new ones??? (I hate to even ask. GPO already casts so wide a net.)

Thanks Gary. I found the readme file after I installed the update. I guess the update info is available after you actually run the update.

Thanks again for the quick response,

Aaron

Originally posted by JonFairhurst:

Congratulations on another update. One per month. They must have really good coffee at NI!

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Kudos to the good folks at Native Instruments, especially Martin and Dennis for working around the clock (with lots of coffee) to make these updates possible.

Gary

Gary,

Can we get on a mailing list for these updates? If I\'m away for a week or 2 with work, and don\'t get a chance to keep in touch with this list - I wouldn\'t know know about them.

Well, I could check the website once in a while, but a email notification would be nice [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey Ned, I\'ve been using GPO with Logic 6.31, 6.32 and 6.33, OS 10.2.6. Different things have caused crashing. It was drawing hypercurves for a while, then it was, well.... anything really, clicking somewhere quickly, hitting a rewind button, editing an event in the Matrix editor.....

I realize it could be my system but I sincerely doubt because I\'ve taken great pains to troubleshoot the rig by stripping it to the bone and building it back up again. GPO will remain stable for a while but eventually I\'ll do something that it doesn\'t like.

The last crash unmounted one of my drives and apparently corrupted the OS because simple OS apps like DiskCopy or Acrobat crashed \"unexpectedly\" So at that point I got REALLY nervous, since OSX is supposedly uncorruptable and uncrashable.

So now I\'ve reinstalled 10.2.6 and we\'ll see what happens. But not for a month, \'cause I\'m taking a much needed vacation from OSX.

Do you think Panther would be better with my 1.25 G4?

Thanks

Originally posted by Garritan:

- value fields now accept text entry
    - all knobs now can be constrained by shift-clicking
    - fixed: Wet instruments have active reverb values
    - fixed: Polyphony meter now works properly
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">YES!

...and a big thanks for the rest too. A while ago I wrote that I have never experienced any first release of a software that has been so actively supported as GPO. Still ruling!

Wirebird

Esteso,
    Maybe you need Panther 10.3.2 ?

Rick

Go Back to forum