• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can you explain me better the GPO reverber?

Can you explain me better the GPO reverber?

can anyone explain me the options in the GPO reverber? I know what is the delay, but there are so many things and I can\'t really understand all of them. Is there a little tutorial about it? I didn\'t see too much in the GPO manual.

Re: Can you explain me better the GPO reverber?

I dont want to be rude (if you think i am, tell me and i edit this post away [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

I think there is only one way to find out. You have to try it out for yourself. Then you will know it by heart and be the master of it. Use your ears. The presets goes a long way, at least enough so you can produce without being to bothered.

If you want a reverb that is hard to use (for me it is.. lack of energy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), but with amazing presets, try SpinAudio RoomVerb M2 2.0.
    I would realy like to hear others opinions on this reverb!

yes I know that I have to try, but if there is a little tutorial or something like it should be better. There are a lot of parameters and go trying all of them shoulf be long.

In the beginning I was puzzled, too. But meanwhile I looked into a very good book on record engineering techniques and it explained in great detail how those reverbs work. If you understand the mechanics behind it, you can understand what the settings mean. So my recommendation is:

1) Try a good book on this topic
    2) Don\'t be shy and just ask whichever parameter puzzles you.

There are tons of friendly people in here who will help you. I even learned what the percentage values in the damping section mean (in an other forum) and am dieing to share my knowledge! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum