• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Specials At Truespec

Share/Bookmark

GPO Specials At Truespec

http://www.truespec.com/specials.shtml

All specials are good through February 15th.

Re: GPO Specials At Truespec

The discount of those books for GPO users looks interesting, but mainly if one is a US resident.
    Just for information, how much would it cost to have the pdf delivered on cd in \"global priority\" mail to Europe ? (standard \"air mail\" should in fact be renamed \"sea mail\" : each time I ordered something from the States this way, it took about 2 to 4 weeks to arrive.... )
    And still no plan to sell those books via download ? ADSL is really becoming a common feature : several companies even sell big size sample libraries online (Wizoo, SonicImplants...).
    For me this option would be far more incentive : no shipping fees, no risk for custom taxes, AND instant gratification.

Originally posted by sirbellog:
    The discount of those books for GPO users looks interesting, but mainly if one is a US resident.
    Just for information, how much would it cost to have the pdf delivered on cd in \"global priority\" mail to Europe ? (standard \"air mail\" should in fact be renamed \"sea mail\" : each time I ordered something from the States this way, it took about 2 to 4 weeks to arrive.... )
    And still no plan to sell those books via download ? ADSL is really becoming a common feature : several companies even sell big size sample libraries online (Wizoo, SonicImplants...).
    For me this option would be far more incentive : no shipping fees, no risk for custom taxes, AND instant gratification.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The shipping rate on educational materials via USPS Global Priority on PDF CD\'s averages $12US and takes about a week to arrive.

Sorry, we\'re not equipped for downloads at this time. These books are huge files. And since still the average modem speed globally is 56K, this is the best way for international delivery.

Thanks for these precisions.
    Well, I can very well understand that it rises issues if you are not equipped to deliver online.
    But as for saying that 56k is still the rule, I\'m not quite sure.
    Europe is not famous for being ahead of the \"new world\" when it comes to technology.
    Yet high sppeed internet connection is becoming very common here, even in family homes....
    And I\'d be very surprised that all these musicians posting so generously demos, mp3s, wavs, etc.... do it all with a poor little 56k modem.
    You will agree that $12 shipping fee for a $35 book is an extra 33%.
    So at that price, IMO, other publications on the same topics may be found in local stores. Therefore, even if I\'d like to see what special features your books may propose, I\'ll probably wait to do it that all the world is equipped with adsl, and your site with a download utility.... or that someone I know and trust tells me that I really miss something.
    Sincerely,
    Gilles

Originally posted by sirbellog:
    Thanks for these precisions.
    Well, I can very well understand that it rises issues if you are not equipped to deliver online.
    But as for saying that 56k is still the rule, I\'m not quite sure.
    Europe is not famous for being ahead of the \"new world\" when it comes to technology.
    Yet high sppeed internet connection is becoming very common here, even in family homes....
    And I\'d be very surprised that all these musicians posting so generously demos, mp3s, wavs, etc.... do it all with a poor little 56k modem.
    You will agree that $12 shipping fee for a $35 book is an extra 33%.
    So at that price, IMO, other publications on the same topics may be found in local stores. Therefore, even if I\'d like to see what special features your books may propose, I\'ll probably wait to do it that all the world is equipped with adsl, and your site with a download utility.... or that someone I know and trust tells me that I really miss something.
    Sincerely,
    Gilles
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">1. You ARE missing something.

2. It\'s $12 for CD and PDF arriving in about a week. Similar shipping time within the \"new world\" and also to you in France. BUT! YOU WANT CHEAP! OK! $3.80 - SURFACE. You can have it in 2 months.

3. You can see what \"special features\" my books \"propose\" by going to our web site and reading about them. That\'s the conventional way most people do it in the new world, the old world, and even France. Of course, Gilles, it will require some energy on your part to do something constructive for yourself other than complain.

TrueSpec could raise the price of the book to $60 and offer free shipping.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING QUESTIONS ANSWERED

For most US companies who are not Amazon.com-sized, all shipping outside the US has to be calculated manually depending on the method chosen.

When sending PDFs on CDs, the rate is a flat $12US and the order usually arrives within a week or so of our having shipped it.

When we say we\'ll calculate the shipping and e-mail back the final price for approval, this means we have to work up the weight and box dimensions, then work up the shipping cost, then e-mail back to you for approval. Once approved, then, and only then, is your credit card run.

With sample libraries like Vienna, ALL libraries are shipped FedEx International billed to your card. This allows you and us to track your package to your front door.

We take this approach, although it\'s a little inconvenient, because on average through the USPS alone, there could be 8-10 different rates and methods for each country outside the US. This is a lot of data for a small shopping cart system, plus having to add in FedEx or Airborne Express, too.

We realize that shipping rates to International Destinations are very expensive. That\'s why we moved both our key music books and soon to be released Living Music Book series to PDF so we could ship at a flat rate of $12 globally.

We are considering downloads and hope to have an announcement about that in a month or so.

Thanks.

Those are great news,
    Thanks Peter.
    can we know more about this \"soon to be released Living Music Book series\" ?

Gilles,

I said that with humor. This appears to be a common pricing idea on the internet where companies charge extra for a product and then offer free shipping. Or they do the opposite and charge low prices with very expensive shipping even when shipped right here in the U.S.

BTW, I have this .pdf book and it is worth the price.

Originally posted by Haydn:
    TrueSpec could raise the price of the book to $60 and offer free shipping.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Haydn, I cannot see your point.
    If you have something useful to say like, \"Go ahead Gilles, I know Alexander\'s books, and trust me, there is nothing better in this world to really enhance your composition/counterpoint/orchestration skills\", then you\'re very welcome, because it\'s this kind of information which would really make the shipping costs totally futile.
    If not, I just think your saying is easy humor.

Go Back to forum