• Register
  • Help

Topic: FX teleport

Share/Bookmark

FX teleport

Is it possible to run GPO (or GPO Studio) on a slave machine with FX teleport?

Thanks

Re: FX teleport

Yes! I\'ve done it. FxTeleport has a 14-day trial period, so it\'s free to try. ...I need to pay Max pretty soon!

For clarity, it hosts the plugin, not the standalone version or the Studio. I use Bidule at the other end, but any VSTi host sequencer should work.

One tip: If you\'re running over 100Base-T, shut down your browser, IM client and anything else that can make network traffic. You need a clear network to keep latencies low, and I\'ve even had the session crash due to outside traffic. It\'s rock-solid with the garbage turned off.

I\'ve got GPO, GOS(LITE) and Platinum Grand 24 (both coming from HALion) into Cubase SX 2.0.1.

After seeing the info here about running additional instances of GPO thru FX-Teleport, I\'ve downloaded the trial version. What I\'m wondering is whether running a \"network\" with a Firewire connection or USB2 would be superior to 100 Mbps. (Supposedly USB2 is 480 Mbps and Firewire is 400 Mbps, right?)

I currently have a dedicated P-4 2.66 gig Windows XP system and it is isolated from the internet with a single Cat-5 cable connection to my primary \"utility\" PC on which I would run FXTeleport as server.

Any ideas of suggestions?

tia ... kev

LATE WORD:

After days of trying to get the TCP/IP part working between the two PCs, I decided to try a Firewire connection for the network instead, so I got out a spare Firewire cable and connected the two SONY PCs. I blitzed my way through the \"Network Connection\" and -- drum roll! -- now the Server and Host parts of FXTeleport and see one another and the \"server\" dll\'s are showing up (in the FXTeleport section where they should) in Cubase SX2.

I haven\'t tried installing something as large as GPO on the \"server\" machine (though threads here indicate that is permitted and has been done) but I may be on my way to more capacity. (Does this remind you of the movie where one giant computer kept insisting on connectivity to all the other computers or there would be dire consequences?)

ANY COMMENTS, IDEAS?

Uh.. im too stupid to understand what you mean... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Did it work? Did it not work??
    Was there any problem with installing GPO on the other machine?

Originally posted by Crackbaby:
    Uh.. im too stupid to understand what you mean... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Did it work? Did it not work??
    Was there any problem with installing GPO on the other machine?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Another option is to get Gigabit ethernet cards on both computers and either patch them directly together with one crossover cable or make sure you have a gigabit hub/switch common between them. However, I\'ll be waiting to hear how the firewire works out...

Just when I thought I had Firewire working, it suddenly rendered all my in-bound MIDI signals MISSING. So in a panic, I diabled the Firewire (1394) device on both ends and -- drum roll! -- the FXTeleport stuff continues to work (at 100 Mbps). [To be honest, I\'m not sure how TCP/IP decides between multiple channels as I am not, nor ever will be, enough of a network \"expert\".]

STATUS at the moment: GPO is installed on the secondary (\"utility\") computer where I have other VST instruments installed that can be seen and manipulated from the Music PC. However, I cannot yet see GPO in the list of FXTeleport \"instruments\" and I\'ve re-booted each system at least twice since I got this all stable (after GPO *properly* installed).

When the GPO (second) installation concluded, it did not go into any \"licensing\" part (only had ticked the VST and Library options but this would presumably need Kontakt license, yes?).

Any clarification/guidance welcomed! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] kev

Go Back to forum