• Register
  • Help

Topic: ASIO4ALL

Share/Bookmark

ASIO4ALL

There\'s a nice Windows utility for getting ASIO from a soundcard that doesn\'t normally support it. It\'s particularly useful for laptops, since the built-in soundcards tend to be poor. Now you can get low latency audio from those dubious cards. I can\'t help you with the sound quality though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] David at Plogue alerted me to this one- seems very cool. http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/asio4all/

Re: ASIO4ALL

And ASIO4ALL will enable non-ASIO soundcards to use GPO Studio more effectively.

Gary Garritan

Jeff, GREAT utility. Thanks for the tip.

You could also try this http://www.kxproject.com/

Thanks, Handz. These drivers are great if you have a creative labs soundcard (audigy, soundblaster). They blow creative\'s drivers out of the water and also include a GSIF driver for those who use gigastudio.

Routing with the drivers can sometimes be confusing, but once you\'ve got it figured out, they work great.

Older versions of the drivers tended to be buggy, but the latest editions are very stable.

Originally posted by robgb:
    Routing with the drivers can sometimes be confusing, but once you\'ve got it figured out, they work great.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s for sure on the confusing part. I tried the KX one and could not get it to work successfully. Ended up removing it and reinstalling my SB. I\'ll try this other one, but I suppose it\'s moot, as I am planning to get an ASIO soundcard when my tax return comes. Anyone recommend a good ASIO card in the $250-350 range?

Probably not but I\'m not an authority. You can try and it may work. I suspect it won\'t allow multiple apps to access the same ASIO driver, since ASIO4ALL is doing a translation of higher level ASIO to the lower level WDM Kernel Streaming, which almost all Windows cards can do these days. I believe WDM KS only allows one application to use the sound card at one time, so ASIO4ALL will probably behave the same way. But give it a try anyway if you have the time. Theory is nice, but not always correct [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you Handz. This is good information for those who have Creative Labs cards.
    Gary Garritan

Will it allow multiple apps (e.g., GPO Studio and te VST plugins in my sequencer) to use the ASIO driver simultaneously?

Go Back to forum