• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Good midicontroller?

Share/Bookmark

Good midicontroller?

Hey

Is there any midicontroller you would recomend?
    I dont have a modwheel on my p-80 (digi piano)

I would really like one that hasnt got a -> on the knobs. I mean, so that you can turn it more than 360 degrees, just adding or subtracting from the value that was there before.

Re: Good midicontroller?

Originally posted by Crackbaby:
    Hey

Is there any midicontroller you would recomend?
    I dont have a modwheel on my p-80 (digi piano)

I would really like one that hasnt got a -> on the knobs. I mean, so that you can turn it more than 360 degrees, just adding or subtracting from the value that was there before.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The Edirol PCR series are pretty good. Also the Evolution mk series. Both lightweight and I think they both have continuous controller knobs.
    PD [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hehe, I seem to respond to this question about every 6 weeks. I use the UC 33 controller. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Hehe, I seem to respond to this question about every 6 weeks. I use the UC 33 controller. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey

Are the knobs continious? More than 360 degrees?
    I\'ve looked at the pictures and i think there are some \'arrows\' on the knobs.

i have the remote 25 which though a bit expensive is a great controller. it comes with a fine bunch of preprogrammed setups and is very easy to program. there were some issues with it at first but most have been remedied with the new os update they posted this week. the only outstanding issue left is that it has problems with all the native instrument plugs in standalone mode. it works with them great as plug in\'s and in GPO studio but not standalone (missed and hung midi notes) the head of tech support has alerted me they are on the case and will have a fix asap.

Are the knobs continious? More than 360 degrees?
    I\'ve looked at the pictures and i think there are some \'arrows\' on the knobs.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi, no they are not. They\'re more like an EQ dial on a mixing desk.

This controller has non-volatile memory though, (will remember your settings after being turned off) not all controllers will do this.

I used the Edirol PCR-80 when doing demos of GPO at NAMM. This is a really neat controller with 27 assignable controllers including 8 sliders, 8 knobs and switches. I believe the knobs were continuous although you may want to check with Edirol. It can save 15 different templates and there are quite a few templates for sequencers and other soft synths. Included is the PCR Editor programming for creating your own templates on a computer. List price is $399. I\'ve seen it for $319. Here\'s a link: http://www.edirol.com/products/info/pcr80.html#features

Haydn.. How did you compensate for the Edirol not having a Modulation wheel. I just got one after having poor results with the Radium 61... EJ

PS: I paid 330 plus 20 for shipping from Sweetwater. It got here in two days....EJ

I assigned Modulation to one of the sliders. The PCR Editor program works great for assigning stuff plus you can save the setups on your computer.

Only drawback is that you have to reach over your right hand while playing but after an hour or so, I didn\'t even think about it.

Go Back to forum