• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trombone Demo

Orcas Island

Trombone Demo

Here is a Trombone demo that will be made part of the Audition. Thanks Francesco for sending us this demo.

This piece shows use of the real-time controls in GPO. Articulations such as staccatos, slurred phrases, and crescendos are played in real-time. Also, this section was built from individual trombones each playing a separate part.

Gary Garritan

Re: Trombone Demo

Excellent demo, Francesco! I find it so inspiring - it just makes me want to play with the trombones right now! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Very nice demo! I\'m on dial-up, so it took me a little while to d/l, but it was worth the wait, should make a great addition to Audition.

Gary, I\'m a real noob. Perhaps you could explain what you mean by \"real time\" controls.

(I do like the demo, but a trombonist needs to breath!) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by atye:
    Perhaps you could explain what you mean by \"real time\" controls.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I think what Gary meant is that this was performed using a MIDI controller with the MOD wheel data and that being controlled as the notes were entered, instead of going back in later and touching it up.

Kindof like a picture without someone going in later and \'airbrushing\' out the imperfections... this is a \'raw\' performance, a raw capture...

If I am wrong, Gary, please correct me...

Good demo. The staccatos are very effective. How many bones did you use? Sounds like 4 of them. Would also be nice to hear some of those characteristic slides.

Go Back to forum