• Register
  • Help

Topic: My New GPO Demo

My New GPO Demo

I\'ve had GPO a little over a month, and I am still amazed at the quality of this product. So far I have created few short demos and this is probably my fifth one so far. In the past I have written mainly for piano, guitar and vocals so the past month was my first introduction into the orchestral scene. I have learned that orchestration is a very challenging art - much more involved than writting pop stuff. This has been a very wonderful educational experience for me so far and i can\'t wait to work on my next project.

For this demo all instruments, including piano are from GPO. i used Sonar3 Producer for recording. The only effect I used was SonitusFX Reverb - Venue for the piano, SonitusFX Large Hall reverb for everything else.

I hope you enjoy my new piece.

GPO Demo

Orcas Island

Re: My New GPO Demo

I really enjoyed listening to your demo. Your demo is very expressive and nicely written. For just starting out with orchestration this is very good. A successful transition from the pop world. I also liked some of the other demos you emailed and I hope you share them when you are ready.

Thanks for posting your music.

Gary Garritan

You had me at 1:29 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dare I say this is very \"Hollywood\"?

I have enjoyed this score very much and it is now on pass #4. Any thoughts on the title?

I think you have a gift my friend.

Francis Belardino

Very nice job, Steve. I really enjoyed this one.

-- Martin

Thanks everyone for taking the time to listen.

Francis and Martin, your compliments mean a lot to me.

Gary, as always - I can\'t say enough good things about GPO and about your great support!! Thanks for reading all my emails. I promise I won\'t bother you with emails for awhile.

I will be posting more demos a little at a time in this forum. I provided a link to the first demo I ever did with GPO. The timing in the following demo may be a little off here and there because each track is recorded in real time and at that particular time my hands were shaking with excitement because I could not believe how good the instruments sounded in GPO. Afterwards, I was too lazy to go back and edit the timing because I wanted to work on new stuff!!

Anyway, here is the link:

UK- teeming with life....

Hi Stephen and Grant,

I only just noticed that this is a collaborative piece.

This is a fantastic effort. The little piano motif is superb....so tender, so sad, so beautiful.....beautiful notes, stunningly sensitive timing. Very powerful in that it\'s a solitary sound. As they say, sometimes less is more.....certainly the case here! The motif is beatifully revisted at 1:49. I can see some pros nicking the motif! You could build a whole symphonic piece (Beethoven style) around it....I love it!

The only downside for me is that I\'m not crazy about the way the motif track is copied to the strings so that they are in unison....starting around 00:30s. However it almost gets away with it. Some of your other orchestration is excellent though and the expression is well done.

I\'ve looped this one many times and saved it too. That says something.

Keep up the good work.... you obviously have the \'feel\'. It would make a good film piece as someone said.....Godfather 4?

I really enjoyed this song. I love the minimalistic approach at the beginning. Of course I\'m a sad kind of person. I agree with Hardy, the solitary notes are very sensitive and beautiful.

Go Back to forum