• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO 2 Am I looking to far ahead?

Share/Bookmark

GPO 2 Am I looking to far ahead?

Hello ppl. I don\'t own GPO YET! I am definately considering, but for now I\'m wondering if there is any rumour of GPO 2, I ask cause I\'ll wait a while before I purchase this way I\'d like to think the second edition will have all improvements and perhaps new instruments and such. Any clues yet?.

Re: GPO 2 Am I looking to far ahead?

GPO 2 would probably be a more advanced version of an orchestra - something along the lines of GOS only full orchestra. I don\'t really see Gary wanting to spend a lot of time on this right now with EW having a fine library and VSL just joining Gary with a collaboration. The features you mention I think would more likely be seen in the form of updates. (Though I could be wrong).

What I\'d love to see is a GPO type product that expands the instruments of GPO into more rare instruments - stuff that every other library isn\'t working on right now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

There\'s an idea, I would love for Gary to develop rare and/or ethnic instuments. (hint hint)

I\'m hoping that will be covered in the updates, we already know about the saxes and the choir... I\'m sure it won\'t stop there [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    I\'m hoping that will be covered in the updates, we already know about the saxes and the choir... I\'m sure it won\'t stop there [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We dooo? What where how when??

Im a sucker for info .. but i lost this .. yeaaiks

link please? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I don\'t think Gary plans on making a GPO 2. The library was designed around being easy to use with minimum fuss with articulations. I still can\'t believe what you get for $249.

The library will be supplemented with add-on packs and there are a few in the works such as the big band add-on.

So, don\'t wait for GPO 2 as you can start making music now and know your investment will not go to waste!

Well thanks for all your responses, I was just curious. Your right I\'m not going to wait to long to see if this happens as I\'m starting to go through withdrall with no orchestral library, mind you I have the Orkester library that came with reason but hey there\'s no comparison. No offence to the propheads but that library is [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Well I\'ll have to just sit tight for now. Thanks again all.

Originally posted by Haydn:
    I don\'t think Gary plans on making a GPO 2. The library was designed around being easy to use with minimum fuss with articulations. I still can\'t believe what you get for $249.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">We are currently working on add-on packs that will supplement GPO. We don\'t discount any possibilities for the future. We are working on things I cannot discuss that will mark the future of digital orchestration.

Right now there is the collaberation with VSL where users can get Opus 1 and the award-winning Vienna Symphonic Library. If you want more orchestral sounds right away, VLS is highly-recommended.

Gary Garritan

\"..What I\'d love to see is a GPO type product that expands the instruments of GPO into more rare instruments - stuff that every other library isn\'t working on right now..\"

I couldn\'t agree more!!

I\'ve already mentioned on other threads my desires for \'Wagnerian\" orchestration support.

I don\'t mean to keep bugging about that Gary, just reminding....

While I\'m at it, how about \"String Overlays\"?? The strings could use some more bite now and then.

Well I guess this is my thing. For 1 my MAIN concern is strings, Ensembles and solo, for my music I create this is crucial, 2) Woodwinds I am a Oboe fan all the way. I\'m becoming exhausted in reading all the posts regarding East west\'s silver and GPO. I\'m not really into writing full orchestral pieces utilizing a full orchestra. I\'ll probably use about half the Library or various instruments in the library to compliment my writing, Most of my material is going to be Acoustic, Ethnic based type music. So my point is I\'m looking for Realizm for Ensemble Strings, solo, and Woodwinds, and perhaps some perc. Yet I wont hesitate to use my creations for film and such. Aside from all the demo\'s I really want to feel confident in my investment. I am also aware that how my music is produced will have an overall effect on the overall quality. The add on stuff I\'m sure will be sweet can\'t wait to see what comes out.

Go Back to forum