• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO content in Kontakt ?

GPO content in Kontakt ?

I just got GPO - and it\'s probably about the best $250 I\'ve ever spent so far. But I have a question about loading the content into Kontakt...

when I try to load an .nki from GPO, I get a message that says something along the lines of \"This content has not yet been authorized. Make sure you run the application it came with at least once.\" I assume that application is Kontakt player, right ? Well, I got this message after running GPO in the Kontakt player (both standalone and VST plugin) several times. It is possible to load GPO .nki\'s into Kontakt, right ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Re: GPO content in Kontakt ?

The .nki files in GPO are encrypted. Installing and registering the Kontakt Player decrypts the files - then they can be played in Kontakt as well as in the Kontakt Player.

Yep, that\'s what I thought...except now that I\'ve installed content and Kontakt player, I can\'t get the .nki\'s to load into Kontakt - I get that \"This content has not yet been authorized...\" message. Anybody know why ?

Chandler, Arizona

They should open up in Kontakt. I also get the same error message when opening in Kontakt. Have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still get the same error. Originally I thought that this was an issue since I beta tested GPO and maybe something old was on the system causing the issue. I cleaned out the registry but still get the error. I\'ve posted this issue on the beta list for the GPO Kontakt player. Hopefully they\'ll figure out what the issue is.

Ah, yeah...they better figure it out...this is a huge reason I bought the library in the first place (and I quote):

Personal Orchestra will run on Mac OS and Windows platforms...Personal Orchestra instruments will also load into KONTAKT, Native Instruments\' flagship sampler...

Having this functionality would open up a world of functionality for me...I mean, I still think the product is fantastic and still probably would have bought it, but still... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Orcas Island

I have notified Native Instruments about the problem you are having. As soon as I hear from them I\'ll let you know what they have to say.

Gary Garritan

Thanks...I\'m sure it\'s just gonna be something like I didn\'t do something in the right order, or such-and-such is in the wrong folder...I should add that other than this little problem I\'m having, this thing is awesome...

Just checking to make sure you are using Kontakt version 1.5.

Hildog, are you running Kontakt on a Mac? I don\'t own a Mac, but I recall reading about this problem over on the NI forums. You might want to check there for the solution. I believe it has something to do with the Mac OS needing to authorize the software.

Hi all.

I had EXACTLY this problem - GPO files not loading in Kontakt 1.5 on pc. Originally I had installed the GPO library only, then tried using the sounds in Kontakt. Following the error message in Kontakt, I ran the GPO install process again, this time only selecting the stand-alone player. Once complete, I opened the stand-alone player, loading a sound at random, and then closed it again.

This cured the problem in Kontakt completely - not just for the random sound selected, but for all sounds.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Go Back to forum