• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP!!! All notes suddenly stuck!

HELP!!! All notes suddenly stuck!

I\'ve got a terrible problem! When I booted up my machine today, suddenly all notes get stuck on playback. They\'re even stuck when I try exporting an audio file from SX2 (meaning that he renders the audio file with stuck notes included).

I can\'t remember what I did to mess things up! I only tried out the GPO-Studio, except for that nothing changed in my configuration. AAAAAAAHHH!!! I can\'t compose anymore! This is life-shattering! Tragic! Annoying as hell! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Anybody got ideas on what the problem might be?

I run SX2 on an Asus A7N8X mainboard with a AthlonXP2500 cpu. 1gig DDR RAM, 2hdds, WinXP Professional, 1 Audigy2 Zs, 1 Audiophile 24/96.

Everything worked fine until yesterday (but I remember having stuck notes a few days ago but can\'t remember if it went away because I was too busy to compose). Already went through a 4-hour uninstall/reinstall orgy with SX2, GPO and QLSO Silver but the problem remains...

Please help! Anybody?

a desperate Peter

Re: HELP!!! All notes suddenly stuck!

This is probably not the answer, but it is good info that may be shared [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    If you play any keys on the keyboard when exporting, the notes will be included on the track you are playing. And they will be, forever and ever, when you export again. At least SX 1 had this problem.
    But as i said, this is probably not the problem here. Perhaps you have your foot on the sustainpedal? [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Seriously now .. Try to restart the motherkeyboard. Sometimes it forgets to send the release notes. May you have unchecked SX to recognize or disabled midi note off messages?

Orcas Island

Re: HELP!!! All notes suddenly stuck!

Desperate Pete,

Help is on the way!

Please email me your phone number and I\'ll call you right away (even if you are in Austria). We\'ll do our best to get you up and running ASAP.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum