• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cellos Short bows - three extra notes???(!!)

Cellos Short bows - three extra notes???(!!)

I just noticed something very wierd. Perhaps it is just one of those things that happens mysteriously and next time it will go away.
    Load Cellos short bows and check the kontaktplayers keyboard.
    Below the lowest note - C - there are three extra notes, playing the same but not identical notes as two octaves up.
    To make it clearer. Below pitch and modwheel, set it at \"+2 OCT.\". Now you will see the three extra notes to the left. Four white keys with no sound and after that the standard cello begins.
    Why is it like this? Any special reasons? Left-Right hand? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

When i checked this, i noticed that short bows for the cello can play up to an G, and the lush only C. There is a similar thing for basses and violas, but not for violins section one and two.
    Why? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

When im at it. Flute Solo V(ibrato) causes pops when polyphony is set to 1 (standard). Can this be fixed? It goes away if poly = 2, but someone said that this will delete the slur.

Thanx a bunch for anwers! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Cellos Short bows - three extra notes???(!!)

What you\'ve found is nothing more than some editing \"chaff\" that was missed by me. Ignore it - it\'s out of the range of the patch. I\'ll remove it for one of the next updates. Thanks for spotting it.

As far as range differences between the standard instruments and the \"lush\" instruments, that\'s because the \"lush\" instruments used a different sample pool: The KI Hollywood strings that were developed by KingIdiot for GOS. The original KI samples simply don\'t extend as far in range as the samples used for the standard GPO instruments. Unavoidable.

For the flute popping check your soundcard\'s buffer setting. Popping tends to occur with instruments that are panned any amount to the left if the buffer setting is too small. My system requires a buffer setting of 512 (latency: 12ms) to eliminate this issue. Give that a try. And yes, changing the polyphony to \"2\" will disable the ability of the sustain pedal to switch the tongue/slur function. If you have any further problems please contact us directly.

Re: Cellos Short bows - three extra notes???(!!)

Lol, you let the idiot do the samples??
    Its a wonder that they sound so good then. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Seriously.. the internet is so small. Ive seen this idiot .. erhm, kingidiot, in other forums. Didnt know he was into sampling for .. sampling of any kind. Great work king if you\'re reading this!

When i was born, everybody said that i some day, would do something special of great meaning for the human race. I had no idea that it was spotting those chaffs. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

best regards

Go Back to forum