• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New GPO Forum Categories

Share/Bookmark

New GPO Forum Categories

Below is a draft outline we are working on to set up the GPO support forum. I would like your input as to whether this outline works for you. Are there too many categories? Not enough? Should we have a different structure?

Thanks in advanced for your suggestions.

Gary Garritan

GARRITAN PERSONAL ORCHESTRA

</font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">General Discussion - General discussion area for registered users</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Announcements & Product Information - Read about the latest news about Garritan Personal Orchestra and about updates and add-ons.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Tips & Techniques - Learn new tips & techniques. Share and learn from others how to get the most out of Garritan Personal Orchestra!</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Demos, MIDIs and Mockups - Discuss your music productions with other GPO users. Share mp3s, MIDI files, notation and get constructive feedback from others!</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Tutorials - Various tutorials provided by us and by users to get the most out of GPO.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">GPO Studio - VST Host - Discussion of issues concerning the GPO Studio Host with notation and other MIDI programs.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">GenieSoft OVERTURE & Notation - Discussion of GenieSoft OVERTURE notation program and notation programs in general.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Steinberg CUBASIS & Sequencers - Discussion of Steinberg Cubasis as well as other sequencing programs.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">AMBIENCE Reverb & Convolution - Discussion of Ambience Reverb and various reverb, impulse and convolution programs.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Installation Support/Bug Reports - Questions concerning installation, setup and troubleshooting the GPO Kontakt Player.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    ORCHESTRAL STRINGS

</font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">General Discussion - Questions concerning the use of use of Garritan Orchestral Strings for Gigastudio</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">MaestroTools Support - Questions concerning the use of our MaestroTools with Garritan Orchestral Strings.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    OTHER

</font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Interviews - Interviews from leaders in the music industry. Ask guests questions and interact online!</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Suggestions/Wish List - Discuss what you think can be done to improve our products and what we could do in the future.</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Re: New GPO Forum Categories

Honestly, I like that the fact that it\'s all one big forum right now because I end up seeing threads that I might not if they were pigeon-holed to a specific page. Besides, there\'s not all that much here right now. I mean, there is a decent amount of traffic but some catagories would probably not see much at certain times which might discourage people from posting on them. Just my 2 cents worth. Otherwise, I love this forum.Hmmm, now if I could just get my copy of GPO..... Thanks,

Eric

I have to agree. I MUCH prefer the way it is now, getting to see it all in one convenient place.

If you ARE set on revamping the forum Gary, might I suggest combining forums on stuff like Cubasis and Ambience etc, into one single forum.

Just my thoughts on it.

I like the idea to put some order in all the information. Maybe adding two categories: technical PC, technical MAC would be interesting.

I like the idea to put some order in all the information. Maybe adding two categories: technical PC, technical MAC would be interesting.

My vote is also to keep things as they currently are, for whatever it\'s worth.
    - robjohn

I think it feels more like a family on one board.
    I think it should stay the same.

I prefer categories, but the above list seems like way too many categories.

i like how things are now too,

but i kinda like the idea of having a seperate category for demos, midis, etc. (i also had a demo that was bumped to the 2nd page the next day - still has no comments)

I could definitely see the last five bullet items collapsed into two forums - one for Windows and one for Macintosh... but then again I\'ve also see forums (like for Groove Agent and Virtual Guitarist) where the categories don\'t distinguish between platforms. In almost every post the thread starter has to specify the platform in the topic description, which has it\'s own way of sorting things out.

Go Back to forum