• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big Band -Jazz modules??

Share/Bookmark

Big Band -Jazz modules??

Gary, can you give us a hint when the Big Band-Jazz module will be available? And of course, there projected cost.. I\'m really looking forward to these... :-)

Re: Big Band -Jazz modules??

EJ,

Can\'t give a date right now. We\'re busy working on it and there\'s quite a bit we want to add. We wanted to release GPO many months earlier, but we kept adding instruments. We\'ll probably do the same for the Jazz/Big Band pack. Keep you posted.

Gary Garritan

PS Rumor has it that \"Hot Lips\" Hopkins has been playing some of the brass samples.

This is the first new I\'ve heard about the jazz module. Being a jazz musician, I\'d be 1st in line. I\'ve probably got a dozen friends who would be interested too. That\'s exciting

Aaron

Hey count me in, too! I\'ve been working like a donkey in the last weeks and finally have some money to spare. My wallet is itching for Gary\'s libraries... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Me three! is this an add-on to GPO, or a stand-alone product? Any info would be appreciated.

Dasher

From what I understand, it\'s an add-on, it will seem like it was always there the next time you open GPO, kindof like Expansion Packs to PC video games.

Just did a search on "jazz module" and got this thread.

Just want to request that those wishing to use horns & brass in pop/rock settings be considered on this one...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    EJ,

Can\'t give a date right now. We\'re busy working on it and there\'s quite a bit we want to add. We wanted to release GPO many months earlier, but we kept adding instruments. We\'ll probably do the same for the Jazz/Big Band pack. Keep you posted.

Gary Garritan

PS Rumor has it that \"Hot Lips\" Hopkins has been playing some of the brass samples.

Gary,

If you only knew how much of a difference your jazz/bigband add-on will make to us jazzers...

Many of us BIAB users have been tweaking away at trying to get a good sound with either the Edirol VST or the HyperCanvas plugin. BIAB can currently only run one Dxi plugin at a time. No VST support. Their patch assignments is wrapped very tightly around GM2.

I really like the program. It's wonderful to practice "the changes", chord substitutions, generate harmonies, intros, solos, but I'm one of those that needs to hear results before I can get any use out of it.

But if your jazz/big band add-on is anywhere near as useful as GPO has been for the classical/film crowd, I will guarantee you will see a huge migration of BIAB users into your camp. And they are extremely loyal/helpful people.

Go Back to forum