• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Humbling of Job: Demo by Karl Garrett

Share/Bookmark

The Humbling of Job: Demo by Karl Garrett

Karl Garrett sent this magnificant demo based on the climax of the Book of Job.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/TheHumblingofJob.mp3
    (7.7 MB)

This anthem captures the dramatic imagery of this scene with choir, full orchestra and concert pipe organ.

This ambitious composition uses more than 50 instruments from the GPO library (too many to list here). In addition, the Spectrasonics Symphony of Voices were used (and Karl mentioned he is looking forward to the Bela D choir). Karl plans to replace the vocal parts with a live choir later this year. This poiece was done on a Mac woth Digital Performer 4.12

Excellent job. There is so much to complement on this remarkable work.

Gary Garritan

Re: The Humbling of Job: Demo by Karl Garrett

This piece is excellent. A testament to Karl\'s talent and also to yours as the maker of this wonderful library. Beautiful! Will this be posted on Garritan.com? Maybe Karl can redo the voices with Voci when it arrives.

Excellent and moving work. Most of my own personal works have been of a religious theme and I\'ve not heard works inspired by \"JOB\" done this well since Vaughn Williams.

An outstanding composition. I can\'t wait to hear it with a real choir.

Thank you Gary, for posting my piece, and for the other kind remarks from Joseph, nexus and Skysaw. Playing with GPO is the most fun I’ve had in music in a long time. Whether it’s building up calluses on one’s fingers playing harp glisses, aggressively beating the devil out of the timps, or just becoming one with the mod wheel as one guides that beautiful English horn through some romantic passage, GPO is a joy to use as well as a wonderful scoring tool.

“Maybe Karl can redo the voices with Voci when it arrives.“

Yes, I’m planning to, but being a classical guitarist, I’ve started to record a few guitar and chamber group pieces. I have the Vivaldi concerto in D about half finished. I just wish my keyboard chops were as good as my guitar chops. So now to pick which solo violin would work best for the first violin of the Vivaldi, Hmmmmm.

Originally posted by Joseph Burrell:
    This piece is excellent. A testament to Karl\'s talent and also to yours as the maker of this wonderful library. Beautiful! Will this be posted on Garritan.com? Maybe Karl can redo the voices with Voci when it arrives.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum