• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubasis doesn't record to the beat of the metronome

Cubasis doesn\'t record to the beat of the metronome

Hey everyone,

I\'ve been trying to use the bundled Cubasis for sequencing but I\'ve run acrossed a problem. I\'ve been recording with the click track on. When I play, I\'m also watching the counter go by and I am right with both of them, the counter and the click. However, when I play it back, the sequenced notes are no longer in time.

I\'m wondering if the patches that I am using is causing this glitch. The viola and bass tremolos are supposed to be playing four beats beginning on beat 4 and ending on beat 3.

I\'m a little frazzeled so I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Anyway, I even went in to the piano roll and quantized everything exactly to the beat. Then I added in a harp with the newly quantized strings, recorded right along with both click and counter, played it back and...

...voila I now have an out of tempo harp part.

OK, I\'m making now sense and rambling so I\'m gonna go. I hope someone can give me some feedback.

Oh yeah, I am using the dry versions of the samples through GPO Studio. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Cubasis doesn\'t record to the beat of the metronome

Sounds like a latency issue. Does your soundcard have ASIO support? If not, GPO Studio will not have low latency. Same thing happened to me, and now I\'m in the market for a new soundcard with ASIO before I do any more GPO recording (I\'m leaning towards the new EMU card).

Re: Cubasis doesn\'t record to the beat of the metronome

If you hear the sounds right when you play, it is not a latency problem : it sounds more like a midi delay problem, due to midi driver by windows.
    I had the problem with an Evolution 361 master keyboard (on USB) and Windows XP : the original Windows XP driver recorded midi signal with 1/4 second delay. The Evolution 361 driver resolved my problem.

Go Back to forum