• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multiplt copies of Multi patches (hee, hee!)

Share/Bookmark

Multiplt copies of Multi patches (hee, hee!)

Hey everyone,

I know that I\'ve seen a thread about this somewhere before, but I can\'t seem to find it. I have two copies of each multi file. For example, one says \"Woodwind Section 1\" and the other says Woodwind Sect 1\" or something like that. It\'s not really a problem, but it was a bit confusing when I first looked at it. Is there a way to remove the extra copies or is there a reason that they are there? I\'m thinking that when I downloaded the updated multi patch from the GPO web page and copied it over, I didn\'t take out the old one, or something like that. Which one should actually be there? Oh well, gotta go write. Later

Jonny
    www.jonnylostinc.com

Re: Multiplt copies of Multi patches (hee, hee!)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jonny Lost:
    [QB] Hey everyone,

I know that I\'ve seen a thread about this somewhere before, but I can\'t seem to find it. I have two copies of each multi file.

I posted that--I had done the same thing.

For example, one says \"Woodwind Section 1\" and the other says Woodwind Sect 1\" or something like that. It\'s not really a problem, but it was a bit confusing when I first looked at it. Is there a way to remove the extra copies or is there a reason that they are there? I\'m thinking that when I downloaded the updated multi patch from the GPO web page and copied it over, I didn\'t take out the old one, or something like that.

That\'s correct--there was an instruction to zap the \"multis\" folder before doing the upgrade thing.

I am not near GPO now, so I can\'t remember which are the latest. I simply zapped the MULTIS directory and reinstalled the patch IIRC. In any event, no major damage was caused by having both of them, nor did I hear on my crappy equipment any huge difference in the sound.

Jim

Go Back to forum