• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just got it--a few questions...

Just got it--a few questions...

Just got my copy of GPO today, and so far I am very impressed by just how much STUFF is in it... I had no clue how many different variations of everything I would get. I\'ll try to produce a demo sometime in the near future...

A few quick questions, which I haven\'t been able to answer by skimming the manual:

1.) is it possible to control the Volume knob with a CC? I know that the MOD does dynamics, but how about relative volume within a mix--sometimes I want a track to emerge to the foreground very obviously and a dynamic change isn\'t always enough.

2. How have people dealt with the lack of response to patch changes? I prefer to not split my \"staves\" up into multiple tracks just to cover different bowings/pizz, etc. Has anyone found a good way to work around this within one track? Any chance a later version will respond to patch changes, or include pizz/shortbows/and legato playing all in one patch by keyswitching or something?

I\'m sure more questions will come up, but these are the first few hurdles I\'m trying to jump...

Orcas Island

Re: Just got it--a few questions...

You can automate volume with your sequencer. If you give me a call (or PM you number) I can give you a quick guided tour of GPO and answer all of your questions.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum