• Register
  • Help

Topic: What are benefits to full Kontact player?

Share/Bookmark

What are benefits to full Kontact player?

What are the benefits to using the full Kontact engine vs the player included with GPO, other than the fact that Kontact has 16 channels vs 8 in the player? Are there performance benefits to having fewer instances?

-- Martin

Re: What are benefits to full Kontact player?

Editing . . . full version of Kontakt is not just a player, it\'s a full-fledged sampler.

Originally posted by meanska:
    Editing . . . full version of Kontakt is not just a player, it\'s a full-fledged sampler.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Is this the only advantage? I thought that with the full Kontakt I can use several standalone version on a separate computer which does not seam possible with the GPO version?

Igor

GPO Studio should take care of your multiple instances needed...

However, another advantage is the fact that you would have access to unlimited libs by getting Kontakt. The player included with GPO only plays GPO, the full Kontakt sampler can import any library, including GPO.

This would expand your possibility of sounds (not to mention it comes with a pretty decent 3GB lib to get you started...)

Originally posted by mschiff:
    What are the benefits to using the full Kontact engine vs the player included with GPO, other than the fact that Kontact has 16 channels vs 8 in the player? Are there performance benefits to having fewer instances?

-- Martin
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The full version of Kontakt is worthwhile especially if you need to do some in depth editing.

another advantage of using full kontakt is that you can use the direct from disk steraming feature that is only available in kontakt. (or so I hear) Memory requirement for patches are substantially lower using direct from disk (DFD). But, as some users have experienced, the full Kontakt has problems loading GPO files. So you may want to wait \'till this gets addressed before buying Kontakt.

I\'ve been able to load nearly 40 GPO instruments across 3 instances of Kontakt with DFD installed - and it runs without a hitch (in Nuendo). Kontakt still has some issues with loading more than 9 instruments in their player (drag and drop if iffy - but loading through the menu is fine) but overall it\'s pretty slick.

Go Back to forum