• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suggestions for using GPO on a separate computer

Share/Bookmark

Suggestions for using GPO on a separate computer

Hi All,

I\'m currently using Gigastudio on two computers driven by ProTools through MOL (midi over lan) on a third computer. I\'ve been using GPO as an RTAS plugin in ProTools but find the load-time when changing sessions somewhat of a drag. I prefer the convenience of having the voices load once at start-up on a separate computer, similar to the way that my Gigastudio setup works. I thought that GPO Studio might be the solution but it doesn\'t seem to be aware of the MOL midi channels. Anyone know of a good stand-alone host that would support several instances of the GPO player in this manner?

Thanks,

Re: Suggestions for using GPO on a separate computer

OK, for some reason I can\'t edit my post.

I don\'t know if Chainer would recognize MOL either, but it\'s got a free demo download available so you could check it out.

Bidule. Available free at www.plogue.com A VERY capable, flexible little app.

V-Stack, from Steinberg, $50 or so.

I assume MOL \'publishes\' its midi ports in a standard enough way that Bidule or V-Stack can hook into them.

At least you could try Bidule for free.

Trond

Hi!
    Second for Chainer, and I would check out FXteleport, along with the VST-RTAS wrapper. Hopefully FXpansion will soon have the VSTi-ReWire \"virtual rack\" done, which will be awesome. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Don\'t forget Forte from brainspawn.com! They have a free version that loads one VSTi and 1 VST effect. The non-free versions just add more slots to add busses and VSTs.

Go Back to forum